I'm slumming tonight!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LostDakota

Reaction score
I've been going up north intermittenly to train in a new position at our sister company. I'm really only learning so that I can cover for this dude when he goes on vacation. Well, today the boss goes "Do you drink beer?" My answer was does the Pope **** in the woods?! (BL ref.) So he says to take something out of the breakage pile. I thought this was cool until I saw the offerings. Nothing but swill. So, I grabbed my free 11 pack of Budweiser and brought it home. I made a deal with myself to choke it down so that I might find the reason so many of our uneducated friends love the stuff. On #2 and haven't found it yet. Probably won't find it ever but oh well.

I was really just feeling like I haven't been participating very much on here and decided to give you guys and gals a reason to make fun of me. Have fun.

P.S. I put my flame shorts on before I started
typing.

Well...

Free does improve things a lot...

...on second thought...maybe not....

Maybe you can get some fermented cabbage to get the taste out of your mouth.

Take two aspirin. You're gonna have a splitting headache tomorrow. :D

Watch out for those 11 packs! :drunk:

Seriously though BMC (especially B) always screwed me up the next day. I think bc it's so empty you know? I don't know its weird but have fun! :mug:

BierMuncher said:
Well...

Take two aspirin. You're gonna have a splitting headache tomorrow. :D

yea! what the hell? I was at a show last night and instead of paying $7 for a Guinness I decided to go for a few bud lights so I could drink the entire time and not kill my wallet.

so I got home and was not that drunk. went to bed. woke up with the worst hangover I have had in a long time... I didn't drink that much, and I wasn't drunk!

damn bud light...

I figured out why everyone likes this crap. To paraphrase James Spencer from BBR, "It's a canoe beer...........It's f*ckin' close to water!"

There is nothing to it. This way you don't have to think about what you are drinking or even enjoy it. You just put it down. I guess my buddies just drink this crap to lubricate the throat in between cigarettes.It all makes sense now.

I'd take the case and keep it for company that doesn't like HB. It's nice to have something in the fridge for the plodding masses.

:confused: I just wonder what gives you those ugly headaches,"beechwood aging" or St, Louis water or what? Probably straight from the mighty Mississippi,just H2O and a little other stuff.:D

Willy Boner said:
:confused: I just wonder what gives you those ugly headaches,"beechwood aging" or St, Louis water or what? Probably straight from the mighty Mississippi,just H2O and a little other stuff.:D

CORN SUGAR.

None of the megas atually use preservitivesm so they are not lieing when they say that.

Most have swapped completely form maize (corn) to corn sugar or syrup.

Bud still uses rice and I donlt know if they still do, but Kokanee used to use sweet peas.

Don't argue with free. If a friend offers me a beer, I'm not gonna whine about what kind it is. Of course, if he has more than one kind and offers me a choice..........

Bernie Brewer said:
Don't argue with free. If a friend offers me a beer, I'm not gonna whine about what kind it is. Of course, if he has more than one kind and offers me a choice..........

+1. I'll drink BMC with a honest smile on my face when it's all that's available.

Back