If you could only have one dry hop...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onkel_Udo

Reaction score
...what would it be? Ignore "style guidelines" and (if necessary) pretend you are brewing only for you. Any style(s) you brew often for yourself.

In the past I would have guessed Cascade but with all of the new (for me) aroma hops going into modern IPA's, I have to wonder. Currently I am using Amarillo because I ordered a pound of it and want to use it whilst fresh. My first experiment is exceptional.

Its a though call between citra and mosaic, but i think if i only had one it would be citra

Citra for me. Last two batches of IPA I have brewed were variations on the same recipe, with both dry hopped with Citra. Mmmm mmmm good!

As much as I like the tropical/fruity hops, if I had only one, it would be Centennial. I associate Cascade with my earliest homebrews, so it has some bad memories associated with it. Chinook has a nice piney quality, which I like sometimes, and some of the newer hops have a dank quality I like, but if it was all I could ever have, Centennial.

Another vote for Centennial here. It's a bit like Mary Poppins, practically perfect in every way. lol

Back