If you could only have one dry hop...

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Onkel_Udo

Reaction score
...what would it be? Ignore "style guidelines" and (if necessary) pretend you are brewing only for you. Any style(s) you brew often for yourself.

In the past I would have guessed Cascade but with all of the new (for me) aroma hops going into modern IPA's, I have to wonder. Currently I am using Amarillo because I ordered a pound of it and want to use it whilst fresh. My first experiment is exceptional.

lookwow

Reaction score
Its a though call between citra and mosaic, but i think if i only had one it would be citra

Snowden

Reaction score
Citra for me. Last two batches of IPA I have brewed were variations on the same recipe, with both dry hopped with Citra. Mmmm mmmm good!

fastengine

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'll jump on the bandwagon,
Centennial.
But there is a few out there that I havn't tried yet so it could easily change.

joshesmusica

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
they should make a citra/nelson sauvin combo. or a citra/amarilla/nelson sauvin. that would be my preferred "hop."

Black Island Brewer

An Ode to Beer
Reaction score
As much as I like the tropical/fruity hops, if I had only one, it would be Centennial. I associate Cascade with my earliest homebrews, so it has some bad memories associated with it. Chinook has a nice piney quality, which I like sometimes, and some of the newer hops have a dank quality I like, but if it was all I could ever have, Centennial.

snow16

Reaction score
Can't decide between Cascade and Simcoe.

Chadwick

Reaction score
Another vote for Centennial here. It's a bit like Mary Poppins, practically perfect in every way. lol