If bottles are destined to explode, in what time frame

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmead

Reaction score
can I expect the action. After what time is it reasonable to believe the bottling was sucessful. Mine have been quiet in 70 degrees Farenheit for a month now.

Unless you have an infection that shows up later and starts eating the unfermented sugars and therefore produces more co2 than your bottle can handle. But I wouldn't stress it.

The only way to tell is to open some up and see if they start to get overcarbonated and gush.

At 70* for a month, your carbonation should be complete. If the carbonation stays constant, which it should, you will be fine. If it starts getting more and more carbonated with time, you may have an issue. Chances are, you're fine.

The only way to tell for sure is for you to mail them to Florida and see if there is a rebirth of activity once they are in a warmer location. You will also need to send at least 1/2 of what you bottles to account for any variances in the amount of sugar that could have occurred between the various bottles. Just let me know when you are ready for my address.

Latest posts

Back