I wish they would bring back ______

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What? We bitching about winter already? Remember past year??

I swore I wouldn't complain this year after last year's dreadfully long winter.

To be fair, I HAVE commented that it's really cold. Not really complaining. We haven't got much snow this season. It's good for our lakes! It's good for skiing and snowmobiling and tourism! And it's white! White is pretty!

My Jeep radiator has a leak. I am not complaining, but it would be more comfortable to fix that if it weren't so cold out. Just sayin'

What? We bitching about winter already? Remember past year??

I swore I wouldn't complain this year after last year's dreadfully long winter.

To be fair, I HAVE commented that it's really cold. Not really complaining. We haven't got much snow this season. It's good for our lakes! It's good for skiing and snowmobiling and tourism! And it's white! White is pretty!

My Jeep radiator has a leak. I am not complaining, but it would be more comfortable to fix that if it weren't so cold out. Just sayin'

My truck has a busted power window actuator. Not that i need to roll the window down (kinda sucks at a drive thru though), but I almost got frostbite just removing the old and securing the window in the up position. I bought the actuator, but I am waiting for warmer temps to work on it.

White is pretty, until it gets plowed up and turns to that nasty grey. Then it looks like garbage :(

My truck has a busted power window actuator. Not that i need to roll the window down (kinda sucks at a drive thru though), but I almost got frostbite just removing the old and securing the window in the up position. I bought the actuator, but I am waiting for warmer temps to work on it.

White is pretty, until it gets plowed up and turns to that nasty grey. Then it looks like garbage :(

What kind of truck? I've learned how to change the window regulator in under 20 minutes on my Jeep and Dodge. That's gathering tools and putting them away.

GMC Sierra 1500 extended cab. This is the second power window actuator I will have put it that door, but in all fairness the truck is 15 years old now and deserves a new part every now and then. I have 210k miles on it...

Big, deep, clawfoot bathtubs. I'd like to be able to submerge everything below my neck in hot, soapy water for an hour or so. And quiet, there never seems to be enough quiet anymore.
Regards, GF.

I like to put my ear buds in and crank up Beethoven, Vivaldi, and Mozart at work. it might not be real quiet time, but to me it's damn close.:mug:

I like to put my ear buds in and crank up Beethoven, Vivaldi, and Mozart at work. it might not be real quiet time, but to me it's damn close.:mug:

I think I know what you mean. It's not actually "quiet," but you sort of get into "the zone." You reach that place where you can work effectively, efficiently & with little perceived effort; the work just sort of "flows" and it actually feels good, good enough so that it doesn't even seem like work.
Regards, GF. :mug:

Don't you test military weaponry? I can just see the scene, classical music playing, with tanks exploding in the background, and Bruce Willis running somewhere. :D

I do this whenever I get lonely at work. I've gone weeks without saying a word at work, my inbox fills up and I deliver. As soon as I throw on my Face to Face pandora channel and dig in... everyone wants to talk to me.

I'm ready to build a cabin in the woods and get out of the city.

I do this whenever I get lonely at work. I've gone weeks without saying a word at work, my inbox fills up and I deliver. As soon as I throw on my Face to Face pandora channel and dig in... everyone wants to talk to me.

I'm ready to build a cabin in the woods and get out of the city.

Try a sensory deprivation chamber... really relaxing until you start tripping balls.

I wish they would bring back Global Guts with Mike O'Malley and Nickelodeon Arcade.

Arcade might have been the coolest game show ever.

Arcade might have been the coolest game show ever.

I would've said American Gladiator... until you reminded me of that. Wow. Thanks for that bit of memory, and yeah I agree completely. Time to find an old episode of that.

edit: hahhh.... : Guy can't figure out how to move on the blue screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved some of the old Chrysler comments. I do love the 318, the 360 even better. I don't have to wish for them back, or "Corinthian Leather" bucket seats. 'Cause I drive a 79 300 (Cordoba LE) every day. Except today, because I changed the brake master cylinder while it was balmy in the upper 30s. But I wasn't willing to lie on the ice to bleed the system.

Try a sensory deprivation chamber... really relaxing until you start tripping balls.

I've heard of these instances. One room which is so quiet you can hear your own blood coursing through your veins. For some reason as soon as I heard these existed I wanted to do it. Don't judge me.

I've heard of these instances. One room which is so quiet you can hear your own blood coursing through your veins. For some reason as soon as I heard these existed I wanted to do it. Don't judge me.

You can get a similar result at home.

Look up the Ganzfeld Effect and enjoy.

Takes about 5-10 mins in my experience.

Make your own? We homebrewers are good at that kind of stuff. My thoughts for a quick and dirty version are.

Bath tub. Filled with water of the appropriate temperature (maybe salted for bouyency). Make a box, insulate the hell out of it with sound deadening foam, make a couple air channels, have them go around several turns with same sound deadening materials surrounding. Place box contraption over bath tub, trip

Back in my hippy days, before I starting paying taxes, we built one outta of a big ole chest type freezer, lined it with black plastic, and filled 'er up with warm very salty water. get in, lay back, close the lid, and bob like cork. Certain experimental chemicals greatly enhanced the effect.

Grasshopper....when you can hear your blood rushing through your veins over the pounding of your heart, then it is time for you to leave. Amazing how loud your own body can be! I would spend days in there and come out 45 minutes later....sometimes just a few minutes would be hours....without all your senses, the chamber can warp time, or so it seems. As in real life, the loudest noise is the thoughts that scream inside your head...very hard to get the mind quiet at first.

WOW! Thanks for the 45 year old flashback....I have been waiting years for one of those!!:D:D

FYI, for those (like me) who miss the good Saturday morning cartoons, I read an article that said Disney is bringing back Ducktales. Not as good as the Tom & Jerry, Roadrunner & Wile E Coyote and such, but it's a decent second option.

I'd like to see all petty criminals sentenced to a week in the stocks in the town square, where towns people could go by and throw rotten produce at them. I bet it would be a much bigger deterrent than a years probation!

Lime skittles. Green apple isn't a flavor, it's an off-flavor.

Oh good god this. I bought a pack of skittles the other day and discovered this. This flavor does not go with the others. With the lime you could grab a few random skittles and eat them all at once and it tastes good. The apple does not play nicely with the other flavors.

I think someone made a petition about this on the internet somewhere. Too lazy to look it up for you though.

Back