I want you to shutter!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duffy85

Reaction score
Ok, so me amd Jimmypop have started our challenge of making the best beer pong beer. I give you mine, read and feel the harsh, burn that will be called "beer pong dance step #1"

4 pounds rice syrup solids
3 pounds bliess pale ale extract
1 pounds munic light malt
.5 pounds domestic light malt
. 4 ounces goldess hops

and finally
super yeast express.

I have no clue how this will taste, but I think it will work for the challenge. Lol

my S.G was 1.075 at 60

Ok, so me amd Jimmypop have started our challenge of making the best beer pong beer. I give you mine, read and feel the harsh, burn that will be called "beer pong dance step #1"

4 pounds rice syrup solids
3 pounds bliess pale ale extract
1 pounds munic light malt
.5 pounds domestic light malt
. 4 ounces goldess hops

and finally
super yeast express.

I have no clue how this will taste, but I think it will work for the challenge. Lol

my S.G was 1.075 at 60

Beer pong beer with an OG of 1.075? Whoa.

Do you really want a critique of the recipe? Cuz I won't bother if you don't really want a critique. All I'm going to say is this:

1.075 beer. 0.4 ounces of hops. SWEET!

Well once this is all done with and we have played our first games I'll be sure to let you all know about it, well what I remeber of it any how. Oh, and there is still more hops in this than miller light! I'm just hoping it'll be better than steel reserve. Haha

It's when you take that bug gulp of my beer and shake your head and go " whhhoooaahhhahahahooohhyeeeaaahhhhhh!!!!!"

I played beer pong with my homebrew a while ago. I decided that it was a necessity. I played way too many games of beer pong in college with Gluek to play with bad beer again. I hope your beer pong beer turns out good. Just remember that you can play beer pong with good beer. Just rinse out the cups.

That just seems wrong though. Beer pong is supposed to be played with crappy beer. Seems like a waste to use good beer. Well, most of the guys I have played with would spit out a good beer, so it truly would be a waste.

Ditto, Miller is as good as it gets for pong. Keystone was our Go to Pong beer in college. 30pack at the store 50 yards from our house for $13.

That just seems wrong though. Beer pong is supposed to be played with crappy beer. Seems like a waste to use good beer. Well, most of the guys I have played with would spit out a good beer, so it truly would be a waste.

Well, I don't think this recipe will qualify for "good beer" so don't worry about it!

:D

I'm not sure why you want a high alcohol beer for pong. When I play 1 on 1/6 cup, I like to play with 1 1/2 beers per side, with more in the back cups to prevent spillage. This way we can play more games over a longer period without getting totally hammered. The games are short with 6 cup, and in the event of a long game there is less beer getting warm. Nobody likes a warm Schaefer!

I had a friend who used to brew strictly to get cheap beer for beer pong. He made a few batches for around $12. He kept a VERY detailed brew log of the whole thing too. Not really sure why. Enjoy your games!

Ahh yes, the beloved money cup.... although, ours had a shot of 20 year old hiram walker whiskey in it. Well that, and it was hidden amungst 20 other cups (yes, the money cup only came out for 21 cup beer pong - clearly a not-so-smart idea).

You know, all this negativity about this being a bad beer. Everyones taste is different. Some like dark, some like light, some like wheat, some like fruit. Would I drink this beer after it's all done for a refreshing beverage after mowing the yard.... No! Are you kinding! This beer will be terrible, but cheap and strong. Which is whats beer pong is all about.

Ditto, Miller is as good as it gets for pong. Keystone was our Go to Pong beer in college. 30pack at the store 50 yards from our house for $13.

Yeah the ol' 30 stone has gone up since I was in school. Just this past weekend I picked one up for an all day fishing trip for $20. WTF

In my house during college we had a two tap keezer. One tap for something delicious, and one tap for Pabst (at all times) for the myriad beer games.

I have developed quite a taste for Pabst as a result.

Whatever it is, it should be easy to chug (balanced, or slightly malty) and like 4% ABV. English bitter sounds good to me.

You know, all this negativity about this being a bad beer. Everyones taste is different. Some like dark, some like light, some like wheat, some like fruit. Would I drink this beer after it's all done for a refreshing beverage after mowing the yard.... No! Are you kinding! This beer will be terrible, but cheap and strong. Which is whats beer pong is all about.

Yeah, but it'll be so gawdawful sweet that I don't think I could chug it- and I've put away plenty of bad beers in the last 30 (or more) years.

Back