I want to start kegging with one of the 5 gallon soda kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get any fridge or freezer you like. Get an ebay aquarium temp controller. Get a cornelius keg, co2 tank, regulator, 2 disconnects, some beer and gas line, a picnic tap and your on draught. But look around, its all here. Search is your friend.

Electrofirefisher, I see you just joined this month and this is your first post. I caution you, be careful or someone will jump down your throat because you don't know everything about this site. There are a lot of great fellow brewers here willing to provide help and support. Just be aware that some of them aren't very tolerant of the questions posed by newbies.

I think both of your first two replies are saying the same thing. One just illustrates my point while the other actually tries to be helpful.

Electrofirefisher, I see you just joined this month and this is your first post. I caution you, be careful or someone will jump down your throat because you don't know everything about this site. There are a lot of great fellow brewers here willing to provide help and support. Just be aware that some of them aren't very tolerant of the questions posed by newbies.

I think both of your first two replies are saying the same thing. One just illustrates my point while the other actually tries to be helpful.

Some of the replies that are "jumping down ones throat" are unnecessary, but are a reaction to people who do absolutely no research on their own before asking questions.

kh54s10 said:
Some of the replies that are "jumping down ones throat" are unnecessary, but are a reaction to people who do absolutely no research on their own before asking questions.

One of the nice things about sites like HBT is the communal aspect. New folks, ask away!!

Welcome to kegging and HBT! There are so many different routes you can take when it comes to kegging. Things that matter: budget, space, quantity of beer you want on hand. What are you thinking?

It's a lousy reaction. The second reply gave the same information as the first but in such a way as to be helpful. :off:

I purchase less milk, Oj, and things that go into the drawers. That way I can pull out the drawers and shelves and stick 2 kegs and a co2 tank in the fridge. Wife doesn't appreciate it but she's not allowed to complain because she likes my brews. ;)
Edit: freezer on top fridge, not a side by side fridge.

It's a lousy reaction. The second reply gave the same information as the first but in such a way as to be helpful. :off:

I agree that a terse USE THE SEARCH BUTTON with no other information is a lousy reaction. I think that if you can not give some information it would be best not to respond at all.

I also am amazed at some of the totally uneducated questions posted, especially when it is so easy to find information online these days.

I find that some of my posts are taken as "jumping down the throat" But, I always try to give some advise.

In response to the original question: There are many different options for kegging and for cooling. You will need to look around to find what will work best for you. Something that is great for someone else might not be good for you. In my case I do not keg because I cannot afford all the pieces yet.

^^^^ You hit the nail on the head. The lack of using the Search tab and the repetitiveness of simple questions gets old fast. This is common in all forums, but I find it worse on this site. Why the moderators sit back and allow this to continue is baffling. I haven't posted here much because most of my questions are easily answered with a little research.

I had a similar question about kegging just recently as I moved away from bottles. I spent hours pouring over all the threads here and elsewhere to help with my decision. The information here is incredible and please don't be afraid to post. Usually the broad topics are thoroughly explained, but some sort of different idea or problem is what generates a lot of discussion.

Welcome to the site and keep us updated with your progress.....

Ok ok I was a bit harsh but I just cannot fathom taking the time to set up account and post a question with out hitting up google. I apologize for my response since we have all been there one day. Welcome to the forum and homebrewing!

Thataboy abarhan! As a relative noob myself I can tell you that not all that long ago I woulnd have even known what to put into the google search. The good people here at hbt have feed my obsession to the point where I might just have to shed the noob rating soon.

I had to google RDWHAHB after seeing that on this site. Had no idea.

Back