I want to build a bar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrk305

Beer Dude in the Sunset
Reaction score
My sister in-law moved out this weekend. That means I have my living room back! My wife wants me to get all my beer stuff out of the kitchen. I want to build a bar in my family room with room to stash 4 carboys and couple hundred bottles of beer.

The only thing more macho than weilding a hammer on your love nest is weilding a hammer on your love nest to build a bar. And when you're done, if you can get her to sit on the bar while you....

I gotto go.

mrk305 said:
My sister in-law moved out this weekend. That means I have my living room back! My wife wants me to get all my beer stuff out of the kitchen. I want to build a bar in my family room with room to stash 4 carboys and couple hundred bottles of beer.

...and I want to move the washer and drier out into the carport to make the laundry room into a walk in cooler.

Your point?

:cross:

My point is I already got the "go ahead" form SWMBO. I have a whole empty living room, just waiting for a bar.

i could use some ideas or pic's of other HBT'rs set ups!

mrk305 said:
My point is I already got the "go ahead" form SWMBO. I have a whole empty living room, just waiting for a bar.

That's EXACTLY the way it went in my house. I'm still in the process because the changes are dramatic and I'm building it in conjunction with HER wish list.

This just reminded me of the king of queens episode where doug learns how to be a bartender :D

I'm shocked the SWMBO gave you the go ahead to use the living room! Mine has already told me to find a house with a large garage or basement... she doesn't want to see every waking minute...

:D

My bewery/bar is going in our walk out basement, which we haven't finished yet. We planned for a bar in it when we built the house, but now I'm out of time/money, so it's gonna be a couple years before it's done. Not to mention SWMBO keeps me so busy with projects for her horses, that I can only work in the basement durring the winter....Then I found this website, and haven't done a thing down there yet this year.

BraeHaus said:
I'm shocked the SWMBO gave you the go ahead to use the living room! Mine has already told me to find a house with a large garage or basement... she doesn't want to see every waking minute...

:D

The living room in the front of the house is small, maybe 11 X 18. The family room in the back of the house is 13 X 30. I had originally wanted to put a 'keezer and bar on one end of the family room. I'll take the living room and be Happy!!

Back