I think my barrel is leaking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pwntang

Reaction score
Hi guys,

On Thursday I put my first batch of beer into the pressure barrel that came with my kit. All seems well, only occasionally a small drip of beer comes out of the tap even though it is fully closed. Do you think this is anything to worry about? Is the pressure so great that the beer is being forced through? If this is the case, could the tap blow off?

Many thanks.

I wouldn't worry about a slight drip. As far as pressure build-up goes, most of those barrels (like King Keg) have a pressure relieve valve. Your kit instructions should say for certain.

I wouldn't worry about a slight drip. As far as pressure build-up goes, most of those barrels (like King Keg) have a pressure relieve valve. Your kit instructions should say for certain.

Yes, there is a pressure valve on top (a lid with a threaded part pointing upwards). It looks okay I think, it has only dripped about 4 times in 4 days so I won't worry about it.

Back