I think I am ok but not sure...help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nozzleman

Reaction score
I am making a wine from a kit and was at the point of racking after fermentation has stopped; then I was to stir and degas the wine. I got distracted and stirred like crazy before racking the wine so it stirred up all of the lees in the bottom and put them back into suspension. My plan is to just let it sit a couple weeks and then approach it the same way as I was originally supposed to. Is that ok to do?

Since you just degassed it there isnt a lot of CO2 to protect it. Might be a better idea to rack it into a carboy or 2, put on an airlock and let it settle out and rack again in a few weeks after it has started to clear. Leaving it in a bucket without being saturated with CO2 could lead to oxidation. That is assuming you are fermenting in a bucket, if its already fermenting in a carboy as the primary just make sure to put an airlock on it. WVMJ

I am making a wine from a kit and was at the point of racking after fermentation has stopped; then I was to stir and degas the wine. I got distracted and stirred like crazy before racking the wine so it stirred up all of the lees in the bottom and put them back into suspension. My plan is to just let it sit a couple weeks and then approach it the same way as I was originally supposed to. Is that ok to do?

Back