I really messed up this time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killian

Reaction score
I made a huge mistake a while ago, I had just gotten 7 kegs and I took them all apart at the same time. So when I went to put them back together I mixed up all of the parts. how do I know what parts go to which keg? there seems to be a couple of different kegs but they are all ball lock.

Unless you have different poppets (the small pieces with the spring on it) there's really no problem.

There are two different posts. Sometimes there is a groove cut into the larger bottom pieces (where you take them off and put them back on using a wrench) and on some there are no grooves.

If you have grooved and not grooved pieces then the grooved ones are for the GAS IN side and the non-grooved for the BEER OUT.

You can also look at them from the side. The smaller flange on is for the GAS IN and the larger for the BEER OUT.

As for your quick disconnects, remember grey is gas and back is beer, GG and BB.

99 pegged it. Your only potential problem is putting a gas poppet on the out tube.

Cursing at it while you attempt to remove it- always helps when I am working on something that is being a lil b)(#&... I imagine you could use a screwdriver to help extract it, but you would want to pry slowly, alternating sides as you held the ring up on the quick connect. After removal, inspect o ring for nicks and replace if needed.

Back