I need to make beer again, but right now I'm sweating

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buford

Reaction score
It's been months since I've had a chance to make beer, which is one reason my presence around here has been thin recently. I've got recipes and ingredients on hand to make 5 or 6 batches without even needing a trip to the store... but I plan to make beer and the A/C goes and dies on me last week. :mad: $1700 to fix it. So right now I'm downing one of my remaining brew supply and sweating over the keyboard hoping that just maybe it'll be less than 95 degrees indoors by this weekend. Projected heat index is 105.

At least the next things I have planned are Belgian wheats and hefes...

It's been so hot in here that the wife is overheating and being miserable constantly (she can't stand nearly as wide of a temperature range I can - I'm good in any outfit generally from 40-120, and can go short-sleeved in winter and wear a wool coat in the summer just fine) so I can't even get any action. This s#!t be suckin' yo.

More beer is necessary. Oh, hi tap, nice to meet you :drunk:

That sucks dude, but window units are relatively cheap! Me, I can't stand the heat and can sympathize with your SWMBO.

brewwench has the right idea. I cant stand heat either, but i'm always down for some shower time fun!

Dude, I can SOOOOOO sympathize right this minute. Fan on the HVAC is out and thermostat is reading 91* inside. And sticky.

I plan on stripping down and lying under the ceiling fan with a couple of damp wash rags. Oh, and some Fat Tire. That's the part that makes it bearable.

Sweaty brethren unite!:drunk:

Ditto the window unit. You can pick one up for about a hundred and at least your bedroom will be nice and cool. We had a main unit die a few years ago and ever since then I keep one around. In the summer it is an added bonus to put it in the garage for working on the cars/brewing.

If you run low drive on up, you are only an hour away, pleasant drive through the woods, I have 4 on tap 4 in line, 3 in the fermenters and 2 lagering.. And my Heat pumps are working fine:mug:

Oh man! I feel for you folks who are sweating it out! It will be hot here soon enough. The nights have been really cool so far so I can't complain.

Ditto the window unit. You can pick one up for about a hundred and at least your bedroom will be nice and cool. We had a main unit die a few years ago and ever since then I keep one around. In the summer it is an added bonus to put it in the garage for working on the cars/brewing.

AC's fixed now so things are nice and cool. No-go on the window unit, though - HOA rules (AKA arbitrary bulls#1t).

I have one of those roll around units. The hot air is expelled out the window via a tube similar to a dryer vent. We have central air but only one zone so the southern facing room tends to be warmer than the rest of the house.

Back