I need to get BREWING!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Parrotte

Reaction score
My beer supply is DANGEROUSLY LOW!
Who can tell me where to place an order for grain and hops:
~Sale prices
~Excellent shipping
~Good products to choose from
I need to place an order now but can't seem to find any deals?
I'll be hoping to hear from YOU!

A few questions that might help find you the best suppliers:
In what region do you live?
Do you have your own mill?
What kind of volume are you looking for?
I usually get my base grain in 50-55 pound bags and order 5 pounds of hops at a time. Do you brew enough to use that in a year?

A few questions that might help find you the best suppliers:
In what region do you live?
Do you have your own mill?
What kind of volume are you looking for?
I usually get my base grain in 50-55 pound bags and order 5 pounds of hops at a time. Do you brew enough to use that in a year?
Good to here from you ….I am in north central PA.
I would use that volume in a year, and am still in the early stages of all grain brewing and am experimenting with what I want.
So I order 10 pounds of grain and 4 oz. of hops to see how I like it, I am doing SMaSH batches, until I find what I like.
I will eventually get to your level however.
Thanks for your reply,
CHEERS, Alan

I get all my base grain from a local brewpub, $30-$35 per sack. I would check with those kinds of businesses first.

Ritebrew has some of the cheapest prices online, but also the highest shipping. A sack of 2-row is just $35, with $35 shipping (to PA). That same bag is $54 at Morebeer (order 5x10lb bags), but you get free shipping on orders over $59. Throw some specialty grain or hops in there and you are good to go.

Latest posts

Back