I love you man(and Yooper)!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewersKaramazov

Reaction score
I started reading HBT when I got my kit in January. My first beer, an APA from the LHBS turned out pretty good, I had the brewing equivalent of "buck fever" and bottled it a little sooner than I probably should have, but it tastes like beer. My next brew was Edwort's Apfelwein. I only gave it a month in primary, bottled it, and immediately started another batch to age at least three months. On Wednesday, after five weeks in primary, I bottled NCBeernut's Deception Cream Stout.
Because of my time on HBT, I have learned to RDWHAHB. I have learned the importance of sanitation. I also learned about fermentation temp control and have a kenmore mini fridge with Johnson controller ready for my next beer. Total cost was probably $25.
Because of my time on HBT, I learned about washing yeast and now have three pint jars of the little buggers in my fridge ready for to go into a starter. A starter that I will stir using the stir plate that I hope to build this weekend.
I have also avoided a boil over, learned why you don't put the lid on your kettle, the importance of hydrometer readings, and a bunch of important acronyms.
What a great source of knowledge, and what a great hobby.

The more I'm around home brewers,the more I learn (best terminator voice). You can't stop brewment day. It's inevitable that you will brew beer. It was only a matter of time. You can't stop it,just survive it.

Back