I Love Bud

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
“Good people drink good beer. Just look around any public bar room and you will see: Bad people drink bad beer. Think about it.”

- Hunter S. Thompson

You can tell a lot about someone if they are slamming big macs every day and say 'gross' when someone brings up a good restaurant. Our ability to distinguish between quality, whether it be aesthetic or moral or otherwise, speaks a lot about who we are.

“Good people drink good beer. Just look around any public bar room and you will see: Bad people drink bad beer. Think about it.”

- Hunter S. Thompson

So because I drink bud light I'm a bad person? :rolleyes:

Quack, quack.

The quote is obviously hyperbolic, saying 'bad people.' but I will say that I enjoy being around people who have an appreciation for good things. if I want to talk about literature I sure as hell will not enjoy sitting down with someone who reads harlequin romance novels and shrugs off any other book. If I want to talk about good creative food I'm not going to look for someone on urban spoon who's favorite restaurant is burger king. If I want to talk about fashion i probably won't seek out someone who looks like their grandmother dressed them. And experience tells me that when someone displays a total lack of discretion in several of these areas, they will have the same type of indiscretion with various other subjects. My redneck neighbor who brings home a 30 of miller lite every 2 days is a nice enough guy but I'm not going to try to talk beer with him.

The quote is obviously hyperbolic, saying 'bad people.' but I will say that I enjoy being around people who have an appreciation for good things. if I want to talk about literature I sure as hell will not enjoy sitting down with someone who reads harlequin romance novels and shrugs off any other book. If I want to talk about good creative food I'm not going to look for someone on urban spoon who's favorite restaurant is burger king. If I want to talk about fashion i probably won't seek out someone who looks like their grandmother dressed them. And experience tells me that when someone displays a total lack of discretion in several of these areas, they will have the same type of indiscretion with various other subjects. My redneck neighbor who brings home a 30 of miller lite every 2 days is a nice enough guy but I'm not going to try to talk beer with him.

So as a 10+ BJCP medalist (none in the light American layer category), you won't talk beer with me because I also drink bud light? Your loss I guess...

Again, welcome to the forum, but you do sound quite EACish. That's trollish....

If you read general statements and immediately apply them to yourself without evaluating their validity, then get defensive, then start making childish animal sounds, then start listing your credentials to me, then I don't care to talk anything with you. I don't really care how many medals you have, Michael phelps.

Stop feeding the trolls and they'll stop coming back for more. I hate when these threads get this long. quit b*tching and get to brewing. :)

Although honestly neither of those analogies would probably apply to you, since I'm guessing you don't only slam 30 packs of bud light every day and you probably don't say gross to good craft beer. but if you just enjoy being defensive then that's cool

the best beer I have ever had was a bud light after packin an elk. There is definitely a time and place for the light domesticated brotherin

LouisvilleBrews said:
The majority of the responsibility for the lack of craft beer on my grocery store shelf lies with the American consumer. The general public are generally ignorant about a lot of things.

The majority of the responsibility for the lack of craft beer on your grocery store shelves lies with you, because you choose to live in Louisville. I have at least 100 craft beers to choose from and that's just at the major grocers. Many of them are brewed within 100 miles of me. Sure there's BMC there, but only the rednecks drink that.
However, if you want to swig bourbon and watch the horses you're set. Don't go to Paris and complain because you can't find good barbeque. Don't go to Kansas City and ***** because you can't get a great baguette.
The BMC drinkers might not understand your upper echelon beverages, but I can guarantee you they aren't bitching about them.

the best beer I have ever had was a bud light after packin an elk. There is definitely a time and place for the light domesticated brotherin

Hell yeah, after hiking out elk quarters late at night, bud light is the nectar of the gods. An oaked imperial stout just wouldn't do it in this situation.

The majority of the responsibility for the lack of craft beer on your grocery store shelves lies with you, because you choose to live in Louisville. I have at least 100 craft beers to choose from and that's just at the major grocers. Many of them are brewed within 100 miles of me. Sure there's BMC there, but only the rednecks drink that.
However, if you want to swig bourbon and watch the horses you're set. Don't go to Paris and complain because you can't find good barbeque. Don't go to Kansas City and ***** because you can't get a great baguette.
The BMC drinkers might not understand your upper echelon beverages, but I can guarantee you they aren't bitching about them.

really?

seems like maybe you had road trip through KY and bad things happened...

I think BL is a good beer, and have drank many of them and will drink more of it. It's a hard beer to clone and the number one selling beer for In-Bev, so many people that hate BL are wrong and the people that enjoy it know beer better than other's, or it wouln't be the number one, the beer in my carboy would be and i'd be making bilions. :)

You can tell a lot about someone if they are slamming big macs every day and say 'gross' when someone brings up a good restaurant. Our ability to distinguish between quality, whether it be aesthetic or moral or otherwise, speaks a lot about who we are.

- Hunter S. Thompson

You can tell a lot about someone if they are trolling around and bumping a two month old thread just to stir up trouble. They are the kind of people who will not stay welcome in this forum for long. Our ability to distinguish between quality posts, whether it be thoughtful or otherwise, speaks a lot about who are are.

- Yooper The Moderator

In case you haven't figured it out, stop trolling and being a jerk if you want to stay welcome in the forum, new member or not.

bottlebomber said:

Really? we have several great breweries here in town, and certain stores that have an enormous craft beer selection, but unless you go to a specialty grocer or liquor store, your options are BMC or maybe a corona. And there are numerous complicated reasons for this.
Are you suggesting that if someone is born in an area without a lot of craft beer options they should just move to Michigan or California instead of fighting for more accessible options where they live? Um ok.

Yooper said:
You can tell a lot about someone if they are trolling around and bumping a two month old thread just to stir up trouble. They are the kind of people who will not stay welcome in this forum for long. Our ability to distinguish between quality posts, whether it be thoughtful or otherwise, speaks a lot about who are are.

- Yooper The Moderator

In case you haven't figured it out, stop trolling and being a jerk if you want to stay welcome in the forum, new member or not.

so giving a strong opinion about a topic makes me unwelcome and is stirring up trouble, but personal jabs and namecalling is cool? Apparently this forum is a lot more lame than I thought.

LouisvilleBrews said:
Really? we have several great breweries here in town, and certain stores that have an enormous craft beer selection, but unless you go to a specialty grocer or liquor store, your options are BMC or maybe a corona. And there are numerous complicated reasons for this.
Are you suggesting that if someone is born in an area without a lot of craft beer options they should just move to Michigan or California instead of fighting for more accessible options where they live? Um ok.

So I guess insulting someone's city and local culture isn't in the 'unwelcome' category either? you guys are really sensible.

But if I start using the forum lingo and call people 'eac' and 'troll' then I can insult people personally or maybe even give an opinion. Ah, ok. Sounds like middle school, mr ring leader.

I've caught myself taking a post the wrong way. I tend to forget the sign mom used to have by the kitchen wall phone; be sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear! Always makes me smile in spite of myself. Although there are "trolls" around the forums,there are times when an abstract idea is attempted to be expressed. It just doesn't come out in the right words. I'm sure we've all done that...

bottlebomber said:

you're right that they're not bitching about it, because their product is accessible in every gas station, unlike craft beer. Why would they?

LouisvilleBrews said:
The majority of the responsibility for the lack of craft beer on my grocery store shelf lies with the American consumer.

LouisvilleBrews said:
Really? we have several great breweries here in town, and certain stores that have an enormous craft beer selection
So do you got thr brews or do you not got the brews? :confused:
LouisvilleBrews said:
so giving a strong opinion about a topic makes me unwelcome and is stirring up trouble, but personal jabs and namecalling is cool? Apparently this forum is a lot more lame than I thought.
Ya you know, you're right. It is lame here... you should leave now.

But if I start using the forum lingo and call people 'eac' and 'troll' then I can insult people personally or maybe even give an opinion. Ah, ok. Sounds like middle school, mr ring leader.

You know what? You don't even know what they mean by EAC. And a troll is defined as: Troll: A person who posts a deliberately provocative message to the forum with the intention of causing disruption and/or argument with or without contributing to the content of the thread. Your first post in this thread (which was deleted by me) indeed fit the definition of "troll".

Please read our forum rules: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_rules_regulations

If you are here to argue, insult, curse, and the like, you'd be much happier somewhere else. Since our forum is "lame" anyway to you, and you have no respect for your fellow members, I'm sure that we'd be happier as well.

Yooper said:
You know what? You don't even know what they mean by EAC. And a troll is defined as: Troll: A person who posts a deliberately provocative message to the forum with the intention of causing disruption and/or argument with or without contributing to the content of the thread. Your first post in this thread (which was deleted by me) indeed fit the definition of "troll".

Please read our forum rules: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_rules_regulations

If you are here to argue, insult, curse, and the like, you'd be much happier somewhere else. Since our forum is "lame" anyway to you, and you have no respect for your fellow members, I'm sure that we'd be happier as well.

my initial post insulted AB-Inbev, but I wouldn't think that would be offensive. And I indeed added to the content of the thread. These same issues were already being discussed. I have been much more respectful than the 'regulars' or 'non-noobs' have been to me. I am not the one name calling here, sir.

my initial post insulted AB-Inbev, but I wouldn't think that would be offensive. And I indeed added to the content of the thread. These same issues were already being discussed. I have been much more respectful than the 'regulars' or 'non-noobs' have been to me. I am not the one name calling here, sir.

You are NOT adding any meaningful content to this thread. You're coming across as arrogant, argumentative, demeaning, and spoiling for fight.

I've asked you to refrain. You have a total of 17 posts, about 14 of them in this thread. The first three were just to bump an old thread. And you must have memory problems if you think you didn't use obscenities in the first post. It didn't insult InBev all that much- it was an insult to people who admit they've enjoyed a product. You posted three times in a row, to start an argument! READ your own posts: "Don't give me any crap about me being a noob!" is how you started a post!

That is enough. I don't know how to say it any plainer. We will NOT argue this further.

Corona's ok,but this little Mexican restaurant up on rt254 serves Tacateh with a lime wedge in the top of the bottle. I think it tastes a bit better,especially with Mexican food. This was a small Chi-Chi's that a Mexican couple took over. Good stuff,man.

Lol, is this serious? I hope not. That is just pompous.

Corona's ok,but this little Mexican restaurant up on rt254 serves Tacateh with a lime wedge in the top of the bottle. I think it tastes a bit better,especially with Mexican food. This was a small Chi-Chi's that a Mexican couple took over. Good stuff,man.

Have you tried the corona familiar? much more flavor then the extra. problem is they only sell them in the big 32oz brown bottles. wish they sold them in smaller bottles. I just put one of those silicone beersavers on and stick it back in the fridge. It keeps the carbonation good till I get another glass.

I don't think I've seen that one yet. Maybe have to try the new beverage store in the drug mart plaza on 301 & 254...?

CarlLBC said:
I love corona!! Corona Familiar anyways, the 32 oz bottle doesn't hurt either. I plan on using them for bottling session beers.:ban: less to sanitize.
Is that the one in the brown bottle? I had one recently, and it actually wasn't terrible. I'm blaming it on the brown bottle :mug:
Pdeezy said:
Lol, is this serious? I hope not. That is just pompous.

Was it really? What part?

EDIT: and I wasn't saying that to be argumentative either. I live in a place where there is a huge local craft food movement. Some of the breweries everyone raves about on here - Russian River, North Coast, Eel River, Boonville Brewing, are literally on my front door step. I can get locally made artisanal goat cheese at the mini-mart.

My point being, where you choose to locate yourself has a lot to do with what you have available. I have friends in Sayre, OK that can't even get a latte.

I still can't tell if you're joking or not, but...

The part in which you told someone they are (mainly) responsible for not having access to craft beers in their chain stores because they live in Louisville - WTF? . You then go on to describe how awesome it is where you live because there are craft beers available everywhere.

The reason craft beers aren't available in grocery stores in some areas of this country is because the distributors pockets are lined with BMC cash, and most of the people that decide which beers go where on the shelves work for BMC. I just think the statement should have been more along the lines of - I wish every area in the US was as opened to distibuting craft beers as where I live, and so we should work to improve the way things are. Not - if you can't get any decent beer move to CA.

I am almost positive you were kidding now...but there's my opinion in the off chance that you weren't - Lol.

Back