I love beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HolidayIF1488

Reaction score
Aside from my own and my friends home brew I'd have to say my favorite beer would be Murphy's stout. They only import it here in Colorado around St.. Patty's day at true Irish pubs like Mc Cabes. But all year round I look forward to a pint o Murphy's stout and as soon as I know it's there I'm there as often as I can be. So,what's your favorite non-home brewed beer? And were all friends here so please don't criticize others for their post. Thanks.

Picking just one is tough. There is a local Brew Pub (Fanno Creek, Tigard, OR) that has a Raspberry Stout I keep coming back to. The Raspberry is fairly subtle and just blends in with the beer, it has oats in the grain bill for a smooth mouth feel, light on the roasted barley and about 7% ABV.

It inspired me to make a Raspberry RIS...but that was just too much. I think I'm going to tone it down for my next try. A lot of the appeal of the Fanno Creek beer is how smooth and drinkable it is.

Aside from my own and my friends home brew I'd have to say my favorite beer would be Murphy's stout. They only import it here in Colorado around St.. Patty's day at true Irish pubs like Mc Cabes. But all year round I look forward to a pint o Murphy's stout and as soon as I know it's there I'm there as often as I can be. So,what's your favorite non-home brewed beer? And were all friends here so please don't criticize others for their post. Thanks.

just had a murphy's last night. it's one of my favorite dry stouts! good beer. :mug:
i can't really pick just one favorite commercial brew, os here's a few; mirror pond, flat earth NW passage IPA, surly furious, black butte porter, stone sublimely self righteous, schell's schmaltz's alt. those are the beers i've been buying a lot lately.

Wow, rare to see two Deschutes picks from someone outside the PNW.

Love it all but there is something I love about Barrel aged beers don't care what style it is I will try it. don't thing Sour's get enough credit, and a Saison of any type is good with me. one of my favorite is Stillwater Brewing's Dark Saison

Wow, rare to see two Deschutes picks from someone outside the PNW.

oh man, i wanted to put more Deschutes brews on there. pretty much everything they brew is liquid gold! their sampler 12 pk's are a regular in my fridge. we have a local show here called 'Beer Geeks' where the beer geeks go around to local spots and sample their brew. they do a segment called 'pint of the week', it's usually something local like Surly or Flat Earth, but yesterday's was Deschutes, namely Black Butte, and for good reason too, IMO it's one of the top robust porter's out there. and that's coming out of a city where one of the other great porters, Summit's Great Northern, is brewed. :mug:

NordeastBrewer77 said:
oh man, i wanted to put more Deschutes brews on there. pretty much everything they brew is liquid gold! their sampler 12 pk's are a regular in my fridge. we have a local show here called 'Beer Geeks' where the beer geeks go around to local spots and sample their brew. they do a segment called 'pint of the week', it's usually something local like Surly or Flat Earth, but yesterday's was Deschutes, namely Black Butte, and for good reason too, IMO it's one of the top robust porter's out there. and that's coming out of a city where one of the other great porters, Summit's Great Northern, is brewed. :mug:

So true. Where do you find those samplers? I'd love to find one. In my area craft brews are hard to find they say"they just don't sell".

Wow I love a lot of beers lets see, Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar, Dechutes Fresh hopped Mirror pond Pale ale, Dechutes Black butte porter, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Sierra Nevada Porter, Sierra Nevada Stout, Sierra Nevada/Dogfish Head Life & Limb, the list continues on and on.

Back