Andy Capp this week was relevant to our interest.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameronl

Reaction score
I mean more relevant than his usual hanging out in pubs and drinking beer...
I haven't read any Andy Capp comic strips in years, but he popped into my head this morning for no apparent reason, so I hopped on line to see what he's up to. And this one was published just this week:

1708783095578.png

I don't remember him doing any homebrewing, usually just mooching pints off friends down at the pub. I hope he has success with his brewing endeavours.

wow thats so cool
i had no idea that they still run andy cap comics. that brings back so many memories. sunday morning print comic strips were all that there was before internet and smart phones. saterday morning cartoons were the day before. i could understand the comedy in most of them( or at least pretend to) . also adults read them also so it was a way for us kids to interact with and be a little bit grown up.
blondie and peanuts prolly my favorite ( only cause dad liked blondie- the humor was too dry for me to get) . my dad always referrd to a hero sandwhich as a dagwood. I also loved hagar and beetle bailey so much i often bought beetele baily books. annie also great and dunesberry i almost never understood. later on when calvin and hobbs and garfield came the quality went down somewhat.

i miss simpler times - sometimes - i would never go back to the pre internet days of brewing beer. - actually come to think of it it wouldnt be possible to do 10 percent of what i do in homebrewing today wihtout tthe internet.

getting back to andy capp - thats really neat . i never saw the words homebrewing kit in any comic strip ever.

I remember reading Andy Capp as a kid. That along with Blondie, Dick Tracy (with his two-way wrist radio) and Smokey Stover!
Never saw a home brewing reference before though.

I haven't read Andy Capp in years. Nice to see it's still going.

And speaking of Blondie - I know the guy now drawing that comic strip, John Marshall. John, his brother Tom (who is my age), and a bunch of our friends all used to hang out together when we were in our teens.

later on when calvin and hobbs and garfield came the quality went down somewhat.
Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I'm with you on Garfield, though.

Well into adulthood, the comics page was the first thing I turned to when the morning paper showed up.
Now I just have two or three mainstream comics emailed to me daily (Zits & Doonesbury), as well as a few web comics that publish weekly or sporadically.

Back