I love 1272

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrystalShip

Reaction score
I have been using wyeast 1272 or quite some time and have to say that it is wonderful. It is a clean fermenting American ale yeast and also flocculates very well. Most of the beers I make with this yeast reach terminal gravity in about 3-4 days and then the yeast goes to sleep and drifts right to the bottom of my fermentor.

I made a nice hoppy American wheat beer on Friday afternoon... Checked it earlier today at around noon. Went from 1.049 to 1.010 in 2.75 days. Most of the Krausen has fallen as well except for a few clusters of floaties. The sample tasted lovely. I love this yeast strain.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm actually picking some 1272 up this afternoon to use in a DMaDH (i know, lol)... one strain i've never used but i've always been curious about the fruityness. How is it flavor wise?

It's not as clean as 1056/us05/wlp001 but is much more flocculent. It produces some esters but not nearly as much as an English Strain.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back