I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since your phone is fighting you Dan, here's a quick sketch of the pic in my head.
Dan at the beach with his daughter...

ForumRunner_20131113_144812.jpg

Been a little gone lately. This little thing decided to make her appearance. image-1050903006.jpg

23hrs of hard labor. (The nurse said she'd never seen such big contractions so close together) and my wife looks this good.

She came last Sunday, but I've been a little preoccupied to get on here.

snaps10 said:
Been a little gone lately. This little thing decided to make her appearance.

23hrs of hard labor. (The nurse said she'd never seen such big contractions so close together) and my wife looks this good.

Oh my, beautiful!!! Congrats!
What's her name?

passedpawn said:
I'm sipping a Scottish Wee Heavy I brewed on January 31, 2010. 9.5%. It is still delish. My equipment has gotten a lot better since then, but I might not make better beers.

Isn't one of the joys of brewing the equipment you build along the way? Home brewers, in my opinion, brew because they are creative souls. Equipment built as the interest grow is only natural.

Cheers Pappy!

Thanks all.
Her name is Claire. She was born at 7lb3oz and 19.75"

Wow Dan. Three, almost four posts in a row... getting close to my record;)

I love the name. Every Claire I know is beautiful in some way. One has these big monstrous hooters...she is my favorite;) Yours is very cute though. Start enjoying it right now and keep smiling when she empties your wallet as she will. Seriously, I'm happy for you and a bit sad that I won't have anymore babies. 4 is enough!

Hey Ischiavo!

Good to see you here man. You have a wY with words bro. Never change please!

Always nice to hear from you Dan. I think I drank enough pilsner porter that I am between boring and mindless mumbling. It is a delicate balance;) Have a good night my friend. I have to work one more day before deer season starts.

Goodnight.
Ischiavo ,
, I hope you get a big buck. For whatever reason I'm not a hunter. I do wish you well on your hunt though. My dad didn't raise me to hunt. I wish he did

Isn't one of the joys of brewing the equipment you build along the way? Home brewers, in my opinion, brew because they are creative souls. Equipment built as the interest grow is only natural.

Cheers Pappy!

Yep, I like the gadgets. I'm building a new system as we speak, in fact. Lots of stainless.

snaps10 said:
Been a little gone lately. This little thing decided to make her appearance.

Congratulations!!

Hmm, 34 people on my Christmas list this year. I have gifts for 28 of them. 2 I know what I'm going to get them, but I either haven't or I'm waiting for it to ship. That leaves 4 on my "no idea" list.

Leadgolem said:
Hmm, 34 people on my Christmas list this year. I have gifts for 28 of them. 2 I know what I'm going to get them, but I either haven't or I'm waiting for it to ship. That leaves 4 on my "no idea" list.

Bravo Zulu LG! For the no idea list gift certificates? Maybe to shallow.

Ugggh, I am finishing up a collar for my keezer. I decided to add a bottle open to the front. The front is (was) a nicely sanded, treated, stained and semi-glossed piece of oak. (For background, I have no skills, and my tools were stolen many years ago). As I am screwing it in, I rip the head off a screw. I think, "Cheap screw". I laughed because I probably wished for a cheap screw at some point in the past. So, I got a stainless screw and started over this time with a small pilot hole. Bam, decapitated that one too. So, lessons learned: Oak is apparently a hard wood. A pilot hole should be the correct size. A decapitated screw really does not want to be removed. Google says I need to try vice grips. I had to google how to use vice grips. I need to go buy vice grips.

LabRatBrewer said:
Ugggh, I am finishing up a collar for my keezer. I decided to add a bottle open to the front. The front is (was) a nicely sanded, treated, stained and semi-glossed piece of oak. (For background, I have no skills, and my tools were stolen many years ago). As I am screwing it in, I rip the head off a screw. I think, "Cheap screw". I laughed because I probably wished for a cheap screw at some point in the past. So, I got a stainless screw and started over this time with a small pilot hole. Bam, decapitated that one too. So, lessons learned: Oak is apparently a hard wood. A pilot hole should be the correct size. A decapitated screw really does not want to be removed. Google says I need to try vice grips. I had to google how to use vice grips. I need to go buy vice grips.

Oak huh? A I applaud you. Not sure what good vice grips will do you if I'm understanding the situation correctly. Heads gone, nothing to grip hold with the vice grips. Maybe you could use an Easy-out.. Which isn't really that easy of thing to use with out a little practice.

I'd recommend installing the same opener offset enough to cover the mistake. The bit you use as a pilot compare to the screw diameter the pilot should be slightly less than the diameter of the threads of the screw you're using.

My go to for anything I build is deck screws I get from Home Depot. They are tannish color, come with a bit head you install in some sort of drill or electric screwdriver. The Teflon coating goes through Douglas fir like butter. Oak might be a bit tougher but a pilot hole will help. Help a lot.

Cheers. In the end. Nobody will know, Only you will know of the fault. It's called home built! :)

What if no language was foreign. There was only one, understood by all?

They would eventually diverge into distinct dialects and, eventually, languages. Simply due to geography.

But as global communications become increasingly pervasive (telephone, the media, entertainment - such as film, TV, and music - and especially the Internet) , this would eventually no longer be true.

Same reason why we sound different from fellow English speakers in other parts of the world. The first British people to settle in America certainly sounded the same as the British who stayed in Britain, but such a large degree of separation/isolation causes them to drift in different ways.

emjay said:
They would eventually diverge into distinct dialects and, eventually, languages. Simply due to geography. But as global communications become increasingly pervasive (telephone, the media, entertainment - such as film, TV, and music - and especially the Internet) , this would eventually no longer be true. Same reason why we sound different from fellow English speakers in other parts of the world. The first British people to settle in America certainly sounded the same as the British who stayed in Britain, but such a large degree of separation/isolation causes them to drift in different ways.

I had to remember to breath while reading this, Emjay.

I fear you are correct though based on history and the way the world had been split into so many continents initially and everybody seemed to come up with there own language and dialects of that.

I think to be an interpreter would be a wonderful way to help the world. Imagine if you understanded All language. That person would hold the key to understanding.

Latest posts

Back