I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a lighter note

major crisis in my life is deciding on a sink for our bathroom remodel. The remodel started when times health wise we’re normal. We refinanced our home because this is Hawai’i and prices just go up not down....yet

So anyway we refinanced and cut our mortgage payment by 600$. Of course we’ll probably never live long enough to pay it off. That’s effed up I suppose but the financial institution that refinanced had to realize that too because it’s doubtful I’ll live to be 90 years old and still be making money. In my mind good news is I’ll sell this place for more than I paid.
That’s bad. It’s survival

I truly only have first world problems right now. I’m jinxing myself by saying that. It’s batchi, like talking stink. I should not have. I’m going to knock on some wood

We were thinking about refinancing our mortgage just to get a better interest rate. Despite the market tumble, etc, I was still hearing that refinancing rates weren't much different.

Not sure how long we'll be living here anyway, so it really doesn't make a lot of sense, I suppose.

Wishing all the bestTo my friends on HBT!

to all. I bid you well!

Hbt is my family over the past 10 plus years.
Please stay safe and healthy my friends, my family I

let’s soon get back to normS.
My wife is wanting to take the dawgs for a walk. We can still do that. Masks on
Aloha
Dan Dawson

Why happened to this sight?’ No continuity. The apps broke b I’m lost

App won't be coming back, at least not on top of Tap-a-Talk, which was the base software on which the HBT app sat. There were serious security flaws in Tap-a-talk. For example, you could read other's private messages simply by guessing the right URL. There were other issues that let users delete threads, etc. Just crazy security holes that shouldn't exist. I guess tap-a-talk (whoever runs that) weren't interested in overhauling the software to fix them.

Check this out: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2469156

App won't be coming back, at least not on top of Tap-a-Talk, which was the base software on which the HBT app sat. There were serious security flaws in Tap-a-talk. For example, you could read other's private messages simply by guessing the right URL. There were other issues that let users delete threads, etc. Just crazy security holes that shouldn't exist. I guess tap-a-talk (whoever runs that) weren't interested in overhauling the software to fix them.

Check this out: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2469156

That was the flaw? Jeeeez I remember that being a problem like 20 years ago on gaming forums where a person could change user data and circumnavigate locked/members areas by changing the URL numbers. I figured those types of holes had long been remedied these days.

Side note: I've been slowly reading this thread for about a year now. Just slowly going through a few pages when I am bored on overnight shifts at work, hah.

Aloha,,perhaps a tune from a simpler time. Fond memories of when I was cranking this album driving along the Hana highway w my brother (he lives on Maui).

Hi Kent!
Aloha and love to you brother!
I’m doing ok. Concerned about things going on in this world these days of course
I hope you and your family are surviving well all the craziness this world is in to today

mod course I wish hat for every person, family, brother and sister

pleasw be safe,,I hope health and happiness for you and your family
Mahalo for asking about me Kent

love and Aloha
Dan Dawson

It's always good to hear from you, Dan!

I've just been trying to get motivated and be productive. We're doing a lot of gardening this year. Back when people started taking the pandemic seriously my wife wanted a "victory garden". I like to garden, so that has helped keep me sane.

The rabbits, though, they're on the verge of driving me insane. There is a momma rabbit in my yard, didn't even bother hiding her burrow. What is a guy supposed to do about that?

The weather is finally consistently good enough to ride bike. Later this week it will actually get to hot for my liking. Still, that will also be helpful for maintaining my sanity through these crazy times.

I put an order in for some brewing ingredients. Will be nice to get that made. I haven't had much homebrew over the last couple years with my son around and all the moving.

Hey guys

New to the forums and a novice brewer. There is one thing I love about Texas and it's that during the lockdown brew shops were listed as essential lol.

But I'm racking my first Raspberry Melomel and It has this odd flavor and smell... kinda like rotten eggs, but also not... it's weird.

Anyways, looking forward to talking with you all in the coming days!

Raven, welcome to the forum, and it is likely the Melomel still needs some time in the bottle for some of the off flavors to dissipate. Brew on. :bigmug:

i got a beer at 1.005, should i throw it in the fridge now and hope it doesn't chill before hitting 1.000, and be ready to burst carb by tomorrow at 40f?

hmmmm 🤔

Aloha!

i havent been around much lately and i apologize for a little for that.

i hope all is well for my friends here on HBT.

Cheers!
Dan Dawson

I found many good friends across the years here on Homebrewtalk. Dont know exactly how many years, Pappy, maybe 10 or so?

Shame on me not here to often lately as much as I should be.

know you all.. Thankyou for the love and comfort and zeal you bring here on HBT

With love and respect
Dan

I found many good friends across the years here on Homebrewtalk. Dont know exactly how many years, Pappy, maybe 10 or so?

Shame on me not here to often lately as much as I should be.

know you all.. Thankyou for the love and comfort and zeal you bring here on HBT

With love and respect
Dan

We've been here a while Dan. Even though I don't participate as much as I once did, it's still an interesting place to drop in and post. Hope all is well.

Aloha,,perhaps a tune from a simpler time. Fond memories of when I was cranking this album driving along the Hana highway w my brother (he lives on Maui).

Aloha! Wonderful music! I’m a bit jealous
Is that Brother Iz in the lower corner?

Aloha
Dan Dawson

Yeah, Dan, it's been rough.

We're all in it together. Just doing my best to remember that everyone is the hero in their own story.

Gotta love our neighbors.

Aloha! Wonderful music! I’m a bit jealous
Is that Brother Iz in the lower corner?

Aloha
Dan Dawson

Indeed it is brother Iz. Years ago I asked my brother to get me some authentic Hawaiian music, and he sent me Makaha Sons of Ni'iau's album "Keala" in vinyl. Featuring Iz and band when they were relatively young. The whole album is great, and likely still available in some form.

Aloha
Seems Ive been posting on this thread alot. I do have a favorite music artist Louis Armstrong is my most favorite, i realize he was born and lived before me.
Oh yea!!

Dan, How are you mate!

Happy new year and I hope you and the family are safe and sound!

Usually I've been hanging out at WineMakingTalk, but I'm thinking about buying a heating device that would let me separate components or substances from a liquid mixture. My son was home over the holidays with his fiancé and I ended up giving him my brewing kettle, cooker, and chiller as I hadn't used then in at least a year or two. WHAT WAS I THINKING! ;)

Now I'm reading threads in Electric Brewing. I'm really interested in folks view on a Brewzilla,Foundry, or a Mash&Boil that I could use to create a mash/wash that could be used in the separation step.

How is your brewing progressing?

Take care brother.

opus

Back