I have a sickness - aka how much is too much?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elproducto

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I started brewing in late August and to date have brewed 4 batches of beer:

Palmer's Cincinnati Pale Ale
Thunderstruck Pumpkin
Graff
American Wheat

I have just finished making my mash tun and want to do 2 more batches of AG

Bell's Two-Hearted Clone
DFH 60 min. Clone

I haven't even drank anything yet because it's all bottle conditioning and in various stages of fermenting, etc.

Am I crazy here? I don't want to brew too much beer and it go bad. I plan to give lots of it away, but I'm wondering if I should slow down. Problem is, I don't want to EVER have to wait 5 weeks for homebrew.

I started brewing in late August and to date have brewed 4 batches of beer:

Palmer's Cincinnati Pale Ale
Thunderstruck Pumpkin
Graff
American Wheat

I have just finished making my mash tun and want to do 2 more batches of AG

Bell's Two-Hearted Clone
DFH 60 min. Clone

I haven't even drank anything yet because it's all bottle conditioning and in various stages of fermenting, etc.

Am I crazy here? I don't want to brew too much beer and it go bad. I plan to give lots of it away, but I'm wondering if I should slow down. Problem is, I don't want to EVER have to wait 5 weeks for homebrew.

If you have a sickness, then I am terminally ill. I have 6 batches fermenting, one bottle conditioning.. about 5 brews planned and ingredients bought PLUS several batches I am drinking... so brew on brother!!!

Haha.. thanks all. Just wanted some reassurance ;)

I actually just love the actual brewing process. Sure the beer will be great, but I'm having a blast trying the different recipes, etc.

You usually don't have to worry about it going bad, most beers only get better with time.

You usually don't have to worry about it going bad, most beers only get better with time.

+1

Also it is WAY better to have a pipeline than to have it dry up. Trust me, I know from experience! lol.

October 2nd was my first brew IPA and I have already done a hefe on the following Saturday 10/9 and just did a stout this weekend 10/16. Of course I might (I did say might) slow down once they are all bottled but as you mentioned I too enjoy the process of all of it. Hell even sanitizing bottles wasn't that bad. Brew on buddy!

I just have to find more space for my carboy's otherwise I would be brewing more this weekend !

We've drank 10 gals and I got 45 gals of stuff in various stages of doneness and I am adding another 2 batches (10 gals) on Wed. so yeah it's a sickness.

Take a look around the DIY section. You are from being sick. Your life is still yet to be consumed. Not saying it won't happen, you just still have a long way to go. :mug:

October 2nd was my first brew IPA and I have already done a hefe on the following Saturday 10/9 and just did a stout this weekend 10/16. Of course I might (I did say might) slow down once they are all bottled but as you mentioned I too enjoy the process of all of it. Hell even sanitizing bottles wasn't that bad. Brew on buddy!

I just have to find more space for my carboy's otherwise I would be brewing more this weekend !

my first brew was oct 2 as well!

I just bought some more grolsch bottles from a guy and we had a quick chat about home brewing when I picked them up and how he started off doing extract like me and then progressed to AG and growing his own hops, DIY projects ect... He told me home brewing starts as a coke addiction and progresses to crack lol

I had to slow down because I only have 17 cases worth of bottles and they were all full of beer. (I don't have my kegging setup done yet)

I'm planning on two double brew days in the next week or so. Most of them will use my own recipes wich are "safe" interpretatiosn of the style and inspired by other's people work, but I still made modifications. They are all AG except for one where I use 2 lb of LME to up the OG.

I was pondering about buying a brew kit two months ago.

Yep, definetly sick, brew more.

I know what your talking about, I started in late July, 15 gallons of extract/steeping grains, 15 gallons of hard lemon/limeade, 5 gallons of appfelwine, 30 gallons of All Grain, and a batch planned for this weekend.

Having the LHBS within walking distance of my work does not help with my sickness.

Back