I have a "problem"...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jakemo

Reaction score
The night after I brew a batch of beer, I dream of bubbling carboys.

I wake up the next morning and run to the bathroom where the fermenter sits like it's Christmas morning, giddy with the excitement of seeing yeast having a party in that big glass bottle.

I think of 10 or 15 new things I want to brew every day. I'm lucky if I write one down a week.

I scour Craigslist every day, hoping to find some slick deal on someone else's used brew gear. (pref 6.5 gal carboy in the Denver area... anyone?)

I check Beernews.org almost daily to see what new beers my favorite breweries around the country are cooking up.

I spend a solid couple hours a day on HBT forums just reading anything and everything.

I keep trying to finish reading How to Brew, The Complete Joy of Homebrewing, and Radical Brewing, but after dozen pages, I get so excited about beer that I have to go have a glass of something delicious.

I have a collection of bottles that occupies close to 20 boxes, and fully intend to build a custom wall-sized shelf to display them all someday.

I follow breweries that aren't even open yet on Facebook.

I stalk breweries that are open on Facebook.

I electronically lambast big liquor stores that don't mention craft beer in their weekly newsletters.

SWMBO has to remind me that I need gas to get to work when I talk about brewing another batch of beer too soon after the previous one.

Previously, SWMBO had to tell me to cut down on my purchasing of new and unique beer because I was always coming up short for bills and groceries.

SWMBO might just be a bigger Imperial Stout fiend than I am.

When people talk about their food smokers, I think about smoking malts or smoking other potential beer ingredients.

Whenever I eat fruit, I think about what kind of beer it would be good in.

When I put organic cocoa nibs and goji berries on my granola, I die a little inside because I would rather be putting them in beer.

Vacation destinations are determined by whether or not there's a brewery nearby.

If you have a "problem," too, you can talk about it here. It's ok. We understand. :mug:

the way i see it, we are the normal ones. everyone else is really off-kilter when they ask me why i have two beers fermenting at once and are surprised when i say i'm having an "off week" and plan on brewing more

the way i see it, we are the normal ones. everyone else is really off-kilter when they ask me why i have two beers fermenting at once and are surprised when i say i'm having an "off week" and plan on brewing more

Agreed... Or just tell them that you bottled up two batches the other day and haven't had a chance to brew their replacements yet. :ban:

Right now, I have one aging, one still on the yeast cake (will be for a few more weeks) and one scheduled for bottles this week... I feel the urge to brew at least one, or two, more batches ASAP... F'ing LL though... :mad:

I had a day off work yesterday and I absolutely HAD to brew, it would be a sin if I didnt. Mid-boil I realized I already had 5 batches in primary (all too soon to rack to keg) and didnt have any extra buckets or lids. O well, I ended up putting it in a spare bottling bucket and just covered the top with aluminum foil.

Brew name: "Off-Day Blonde"

I already feel guilty with my primary being empty 2 weeks this Sunday. Even worse,I had to save the last 10 25oz'rs from my 1st batch for my b-day tomorrow. Not to mention,the 61 bottles of my newest in the bottles going on 2 weeks old. I have to wait till April 1st to get more brew stuff...for wife's b-day so she can make a batch of something she likes. I need another micro brew FV.

Wow, I have done almost all those things myself and still do. I have to actually refrain from planning brew days every weekend so my family gets to spend a Saturday with me. Glad I'm not the only one with OCHBD. Honestly I am hoping this sort of wares off a bit.

OCHBD! I love it! HA! I'm hoping it doesn't wear off, my future is banking on it :)

Sounds like a typical Wednesday to me... Then again posting this question here is like asking if you have a weight problem at an Old Country Buffet...

I saw a truck that had a "Turbo Net" on the back of it, and I read it as "Trubo Net"

I'd have to agree....pretty normal! I have 2 fermenting and one recently bottled almost ready to drink, however I already have purchased some of the ingredients for the next batch.....and perhaps for the one after that one.....so join the club and keep sniffing airlocks! It's normal no matter what SWMBO tells you.

beerloaf

Lol... I honestly kept reading the OP wondering when he was going to get to his "problem".

I have the same "problems".

Although for a while I do have a very real problem: I can't drink the beer I make as fast as I would like to. I usually give myself 2 pints of beer a night for 5 or 6 nights a week. Now I have to go on a beer fasting to lose weight :(

I developed wicked heartburn from stress and gaining like 35 pounds in 4 months and now I have to take it back off :( I hope to get it off before the summer...

I finished off a bottle of dayquil so I ripped the seal off a new one and realized the measuring cup would work great for measuring Iodophor. I used the cup from the last bottle rather than the new one.

Not really a 'problem' per se, but similar.

The night after I brew a batch of beer, I dream of bubbling carboys.

I wake up the next morning and run to the bathroom where the fermenter sits like it's Christmas morning, giddy with the excitement of seeing yeast having a party in that big glass bottle.

you don't wake up in the middle of the night to check on your newborn beer??

slacker!! :cross:

Back