I have a hop problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickmv

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Nick, and I have a hop problem.

Just took inventory from 2012 supply, and my jaw dropped. I've been brewing plenty, but DAMN.

Pellets:
Variety Left (oz)
Amarillo 18.2
Centennial 12.5
Citra 12.2
Columbus 14.1
East Kent Goldings 12.6
El Dorado 12
Hallertau (GR Mittelfruh) 13.6
Hallertau (US) 11.7
Magnum (US) 6.9
Warrior 4
Total: 7.3625 lbs

Whole Cone:

Variety Left (oz)
Amarillo 18
Cascade 32
Centennial 16
Citra 16
Simcoe 8
Total: 5.625 lbs

I see a bunch of DIPAs in your near future.

Seriously though, if you need to get rid of some, find some local homebrewers and strike some deals. You have some hops guys are looking for: citra, amarillo, simcoe.

Or just keep them. If they have been in the freezer they are fine. Try to show some restraint when new harvest comes.

Ha! I am just as bad.

I see a bunch of DIPAs in your near future.

Seriously though, if you need to get rid of some, find some local homebrewers and strike some deals. You have some hops guys are looking for: citra, amarillo, simcoe.

Or just keep them. If they have been in the freezer they are fine. Try to show some restraint when new harvest comes.

Ha! I am just as bad.

Already in the works. I'm working with 2 other brewers to get a collaboration IPA built. I got in on the 17+24 gal SS kettle pack ($70) from a month or 2 ago (sold the 17 for $50), so I've got a 24 gal that'll work perfect for a nice 15-20 gal batch.

Yes, LOTS of IPAs, Barleywines, Red Ales, and more in the future.

As for ordering less this year, I know! I think I musta gotten drunk and blacked out during the entire 2012 harvest season. I don't know what happened!

I'm slowly becoming a hop head i have officially come out of the closet.

2nd dry hop is goin down as i type. So far my belgian tripel with a healthy dose of hops as well as dry hopped is my new favorite.

Back