I hate pissing matches w/ my boss

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of pissing and bosses, I think my boss is really pissed that I couldn't make it in on time this morning, but considering I'm pissing out the wrong end, he can piss off.

Lotta work to do, tho. If I'm not feeling better soon, I'll just have to suck it up, go to work, and run to the bathroom every 15 minutes.

Dude, seriously, my employees work on the same level as me and at times I work much harder than them because I'm more knowledgeable and there are certain things they cannot do. This idea you have that I'm some kind of slave camp labor enforcer is completely misconceived.

I think it's very cute that you think we should all baby our employees so they get this nice little feel good attitude. I personally reward mine when they are doing a great job and light a fire up under their ass when they are slacking off.

I also do the same thing to my boss if he isn't doing his job. I do the same thing for employees (and bosses) in other departments if their slacking off is effecting my job. I keep this place running.

You hold your little drum circle...I'll continue to work hard.

I tell my boss all the time "Keep running your mouth and I won't let you kiss my ass later". I have also told him, "I'm a CAT mechanic and have access to all the equipment to dig any size hole for the body." Then of course there is the one that he hated the most. "I was looking for a job when I found this one and I'll be looking for a job when I leave this one." I will not be intimidated since he has no control over raises or advancement, just handing out jobs. I haven't needed a babysitter in over 35 years.

Dude, seriously, my employees work on the same level as me and at times I work much harder than them because I'm more knowledgeable and there are certain things they cannot do. This idea you have that I'm some kind of slave camp labor enforcer is completely misconceived.

I was just yanking your chain, hence the smiley face.

I think it's very cute that you think we should all baby our employees so they get this nice little feel good attitude.

What a stupid thing to say.

I personally reward mine when they are doing a great job and light a fire up under their ass when they are slacking off. I also do the same thing to my boss if he isn't doing his job. I do the same thing for employees (and bosses) in other departments if their slacking off is effecting my job. I keep this place running.

I talk to my guys if I need more performance too. Had to do that today in fact. I think it's a universal tenant of management. I imagine the only difference between you and I is different terms. In the end it's probably the same thing. Outline what's required, what the employee has to do to meet the requirements, and the consequences of not doing so.

You hold your little drum circle...I'll continue to work hard.

Yeah. Drum circle. Okay.

It was a friendly ribbing I was giving you. My mistake. I'll keep it formal between us from now on.

Oh hush. I was just giving you **** to ensuring it was a good-natured ribbing and that you weren't continuing to accuse me of "motivating people with intimidation and humiliation."

Hell, you should know that I can take a joke. I knew it was a joke. It still irked me because of what you said earlier, especially since you didn't take note of my complete admittance of it being a stupid thing to say.

My fault again, but damn you fingers! Quit making me look bad on the internet! Everyone loves me so much here all the time! :rolleyes: :D

Oh hush. I was just ensuring it was a good-natured ribbing and you weren't continuing to accuse me of "motivating people with intimidation and humiliation."

Hell, you should know that I can take a joke. I knew it was a joke. It still irked me because of what you said earlier, especially since you didn't take note of my complete admittance of it being a stupid thing to say.

Note taken. :D

My fault again, but damn you fingers! Quit making me look bad on the internet! Everyone loves me so much here all the time! :rolleyes: :D

There have been a couple of times on these forums where I've gotten my back up over what turned out to be an innocent comment or a gentle ribbing. God, I hate when that happens.

Now we have to do the beer drinking... ritual... thingy...

:mug:

Back