I find it funny that so many of us are online so early :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

802VermontHomebrew

Reaction score
Haha- every weekend I wake up at about 6 or so and jump on HBT forum its my weekend routine I guess, I just find it funny that so many of us wake up first thing and think about beer. I guess its just the addiction.. Is anybody brewing this weekend or have any DIY projects that happening? I have my amber ale kegged, amber bock in the primary, and I made great progress yesterday after work on my keezer build. I will post pics later on today.. I already started a thread about it in DIY. :mug:

Yep, I got up at about 6:30, put a pot of coffee on, and went to do my morning routine. HBT, facebook, email, usually in that order.

As for what I have going on, I have a couple kegs to sanitize and transfer some beer into, and then I'm going to Cape's pig roast.

Errrr...l get up in the morning... make coffee.... go downstairs and check fermenters that I pitched yesterday... then get on HBT.

Its an addiction.

I just can't stay away from you people ;)

Today, I'm going to take a hydrometer reading and taste test of a cider batch that is fermenting away. While some people let their cider ferment dry and then backsweeten, I prefer to stop it when its at the right balance of dry/sweet (around 1.010 sg), bottle and pasteurize. That means, though, that at this point I need to keep an eye on it.

Also, I'm going to make a starter with some Edinburgh yeast i harvested and washed from last February, and brew a pale ale on Sunday.

I woke up, kissed te kid and SWMBO and moved my carboy and corny keg up to the kitchen counter. Bottling my Pale Ale this afternoons, so I figured I'd give it a chance to resettle. Then breakfast. Then checking HBT.

Have a puppet practice at church until noon, and then I bottle. Yes, I do puppets for the kids at church. We have a summer camp program this week. But I'll be thinking about the beer all morning while we rehearse.

Good Morning!

Start work at 6 am and don't get off until 6pm. No bosses around at that time of day!!!:)

Back