I don't know what to make

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kgraber

Reaction score
I currently have a Raspberry Wheat, Blond Ale and Brown Ale in primary. I'm trying to decide what to make. I'm thinking something along the lighter side with summer coming up.

The options I'm thinking right now are either:
  • Kolsch
  • Cream Ale
  • Mirror Pond Pale Ale Clone

What do you guys think? I just trying to see what some of you make for the summer.

As an aside, I'd throw something dark and large into the mix with the intention of aging it for next fall. i'd go barley wine or imperial stout, just a thought.

You've already got a raspberry wheat, that's gonna be great for the spring. I second the Imperial stout though. Maybe start thinking about an Oktoberfest?

I put my vote for a scottish ale. The kolsch screams summer beer, not that there is one thing wrong with drinking kolsch in the winter.

+1 on making beer. It's good, and good for you.

Cream ales sound good, but I have yet to have a good one, but this really depends on the yeast. I prefer Kolch's and altbeir's with the use of kolsch yeast. English pale ales can be exquisite and tend to lend more unique fruit flavors than American pale/IPA (can only stand so much grapefruit). Light Belgians tend to be my favorite, because they most often turn out fantastic. Hard to mess up, though damn near impossible to perfect.

Back