I am pumped!!!!! 1.090 O.G.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJtarheel

Reaction score
Just finished brewing a partial mash Carmelite Triple-Grain Tripel (Nothern Brewers) 4 hours ago! And it is already bubbling away!!! This is my 3rd beer and my first partial mash. I also used my first yeast starter. Started it on Thursday (too soon) and re-energized it last night with 1/2 the recipe (thanks forum faithful for the suggestion). It bubbled throught the airlock overnight. So far so good. I apparently didn't screw anything up yet. I guess I will find out in the beginning of August after it settles out!

Looking forward to getting hammered! Next week, Austin Home Brew Belgium Wit!!!

The only unfortunate thing about this beer was that I spent 4+ hours brewing today. It was a beautiful 76 degrees in NC today.....

Sweet Jeebus....that's a high OG....what are you anticipating the final to be?

Grats :)

I just did a 1.090 OG beer myself. The Midas Touch clone. The original recipe said 1.086 but I put in an extra 1/3 lb of malt which I guess tipped the scale a bit and it appeared to hover right at 1.090:

2011-04-26_18-48-55_958.jpg

You should post the recipe for the Tripel if you still have it laying around.

I am right now waiting for the wort to cool on a Grand Cru that weighed in at 1.086 (I cooled the sample separately since it was faster, hope that doesn't change anything). I intentionally bumped the gravity up some, but now I'm wondering if I've created a monster...

Hopefully you aerated well, or else you will have a candy cane beer like I had with my belgian quadrazillion, which had a OG of 1.011.

The weather was perfect for brewing in NC yesterday. I love sitting outside and reading as the wort boils and chills. A perfect day and now I'll have a Caffrey's clone in a few weeks.

Grats :)

I just did a 1.090 OG beer myself. The Midas Touch clone. The original recipe said 1.086 but I put in an extra 1/3 lb of malt which I guess tipped the scale a bit and it appeared to hover right at 1.090:

2011-04-26_18-48-55_958.jpg

You should post the recipe for the Tripel if you still have it laying around.

The recipe called for 6.3 #'s of extract. Since it is packaged in 3.3 # bags, I tossed it all in.

Regarding the recipe, go to Northern Brewers and look up the Carmelite Triple-Grain Tripel. The recipe sheet is attached.....

Hopefully you aerated well, or else you will have a candy cane beer like I had with my belgian quadrazillion, which had a OG of 1.011.

I shook the hell out of it for at least a minute. I don't have an aeration system. I may want to invest in one if this doesn't work...

The aerators that plug into a drill are cheap and effective. American Brewmaster had one in stock as of a couple weeks ago.

Back