I <3 a.s.s.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir Humpsalot

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Man I love American Science and Surplus!!!

Test tubes, vials, stand, alcohol lamp, erlenmeyer flasks (50 & 250mL size), 100 pH test strips, stirbar, just about all the supplies you need for a DIY wild yeast lab. I even looked at microscopes and got two lip gloss containers with the little brush for like sixty cents apiece-- I am hoping they can be sterilized and then used to collect wild yeast on the brush.

They also had petri dishes, 10 for $7.50, but I can get 10 refilled ones off eBay for $20 and since I am already feeling a bit overwhelmed, I will cut out that part of the procedure, just for the time being. And I still need my pressure cooker.

I also got a gargoyle lamp because.... Well... I don't know why, but I did. It was five bucks and will look good in my window for Halloween.

Total spent was about forty bucks. But dammit! I forgot rubber stoppers and I wanted a few feet of their reinforced silicone tubing! Guess I need to go back. ;-)

Oops! Forgot the pic!

ForumRunner_20121022_181040.jpg

Have a couple of 250 of harvesting out of bottles and boosting up but a 50ml is like a shot glass

Yeah. It'll be good for doing shots!!! :ban:

Actually, my thought was that it would be a good volume for wild yeast where your sample is basically minuscule... something that would make the dregs of a bottle look almost pitchable by comparison.

Latest posts

Back