I’m a Virgin!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Bee

Reaction score
Hello everybody, this is my first time ever taking on this type of hobby. I’m also a hobbyist beekeeper, so I thought making mead would go “hand in glove.” My bees produce wildflower honey here in Clemson, SC. My Apiary is called “Mr. B’s Bees.” Beekeeping started as a hobby my daughter and I could do together and make “our thing.” She’s now in Grad school, so the bees are pretty much my thing now. I have visions of selling my mead at a roadside stand along with my honey, boiled peanuts and collards in the fall. That may sound a bit redneck, however it’s really fun.
I’m now doing my due diligence and trying to learn about mead making. My first kit is on the way. Since all my honey from my apiary is already bottled and labeled, I got 15 pounds of Sourwood honey from a buddy and plan on making a 5 gallon batch. I thought keeping it simple and perhaps adding orange where the orange is just present to taste. This spring, I plan on making a batch with fresh blueberries and one with fresh strawberries. Then, a batch of homemade strawberry wine, like a good country song.
If anybody has insights on the best go-to videos, readings or recipes, please pass those along. I’m looking forward to many years doing this and I’m very excited to get started. Thank y’all!

I have visions of selling my mead at a roadside stand. . . . That may sound a bit redneck, however it’s really fun.

I don't know about sounding redneck so much as illegal. :p
Welcome to HBT.
I just bottled my "Orange Blossom Special " gingermead last month:
OBS feb. 22.png

Last edited:
my daughter and I could do together

and here i was hoping you'd be a 14 year old wondering what to ferment in 'under' the bed! :mug:

Welcome! and yeah, aything that makes people feel funny is BIG bussiness, and tightly regulated....you'd have to sell dilluted honey and what not, and tell them to add yeast or something?

Back