HWMBC is nuts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluehouse

Reaction score
OK so I got 5 big #2 buckets with lids from a work friend. They smell like chlorine or some type of cleaner. We live in the country on 5 acres of land. I tell HWMBC that I am going to fill them with water and let them sit in the sun for a couple of days and see if the smell goes away. So he starts bitching at me that I need to only set them in a certain place because they are going to be in his way. I told OK so what square foot of these 5 f****** acres am I allowed to use? I got 2 ten gallon and three 7 gallon primaries for free if they turn out all right and your bitching cause it's in the yard? He smiles cause he realizes he sounds like an a** but he still gives me a lecture on where to set the buckets, (far away from the nearest hose) which is a pain in the a** for me. So he is working his way through my latest two brews like they are bath water but if I need more equipment or more space it's a big deal.

Thanks MMB I guess I just want someone to agree with me. LOL cause HWMBC is never happy anymore. I just poured another brew so HWMBC bothers me less since I am floating.

OK so I got 5 big #2 buckets with lids from a work friend. They smell like chlorine or some type of cleaner. We live in the country on 5 acres of land. I tell HWMBC that I am going to fill them with water and let them sit in the sun for a couple of days and see if the smell goes away. So he starts bitching at me that I need to only set them in a certain place because they are going to be in his way. I told OK so what square foot of these 5 f****** acres am I allowed to use? I got 2 ten gallon and three 7 gallon primaries for free if they turn out all right and your bitching cause it's in the yard? He smiles cause he realizes he sounds like an a** but he still gives me a lecture on where to set the buckets, (far away from the nearest hose) which is a pain in the a** for me. So he is working his way through my latest two brews like they are bath water but if I need more equipment or more space it's a big deal.

I'm a little unclear on the acronym... He Who Must Be (something...)

Anyway, sounds like you need to follow llazy_llama's ultimate advice here. Get drunk and beat 'em. Works every time.

He Who Must Be Controlled.
as a joke on your name for SWMBO.

Along the same lines as SWMBPITM: She Who Must Be Punched In The Mouth.

As I always say, just get drunk and beat 'em. :rolleyes:

(Disclaimer: I'm just kidding! If that was serious, my wife would have castrated my years ago.)

Violence isn't the answer. It's the question.

The answer is YES!

:D

So then you are encouragin violence against HWMBC? Wow, I thought men always stick together. New lessons everyday, keeps me young & limber.

So then you are encouragin violence against HWMBC? Wow, I thought men always stick together. New lessons everyday, keeps me young & limber.

Oh no, if you can take him, you should totally go for it.

Also, if it keeps you young and limber, and doesn't involve invasive surgery, you should go for it. Just remember, pics or it didn't happen.

I say you should jump his bones. Afterword he won't care where you put them.

Win/Win the way I see it.
That combined with the homebrew, and he'll forget whatever made up thing he was complaining about. Works with swmbo nearly every time.

Let me get this straight. YOU make the beer, he drinks it, and he's making that arrangement difficult for you?

I think what we need is compassion. Injuries or degenerative diseases of the brain can cause irrational and erratic behaviour. If he starts to wet himself and forget who he is, it's time to bring him to the giggle academy.

You made the stuff, it belongs to you. You can share it or not; if he's being a dick about your brewing hobby, stop sharing the beer/wine/mead/cider with him, let him go buy whatever happens to be on sale, while you enjoy YOUR beer. Tell him to quit being a wussy & If he ever wants to taste YOUR beer again he should STFU. Maybe leave the yellow pages open to the "divorce lawyers" section & leave it out where he'll be sure to see it... That might give him something to think about.

Now, I'm never one for promoting physical violence against a spouse, but I just can't help but get onto a cockpunching bandwagon! I wonder just how fumes from a bucket could get into a hose to 'contaminate' it. Unless you're getting your water from a well there's chlorine in the water anyways.

BTW, where DID you get the buckets, and what used to be in them? There's some chemicals you just don't want to F around with.

Have you ever heard the Dixie Chicks song, Earl? I despise the Dixie Chicks, but this song might be the solution in your case.

Just kidding, seriously, go with a cockpunch instead.

Obviously, some of you have either never been or its been a long time since you took a shot to the junk.

*shakes head

As for the dilemma, I agree with the whole prohibition approach.

dump the ***** and come and live with me. I will give you as much beer equipment as you want. btw the water here is lovely and hops are grown locally.

Wow big response here. I am over it now, my buckets are good. I am getting set up to do some production brewing (at least by my standards).
I am not passive agressive, I say what I mean, I fight the battles worth fighting & I walk away from the ones that are not. Then I mumble under my breath or on the internet, then let it pass. I used to have a violent streak but age has mellowed me I am afraid of my own temper.
My friend who gave me the buckets has a relative that does pool maintenace for a living. they used to hold plastic bags full of chlorine tablets. They are not scratched up and the smell was not as bad as if it had been liquid or granular, just wanting to give the sun time to do its job of cleaning the smells out.
McKbrew one of my Texas sayings is some people just need killing. (although I have never acted on it, I usualy get a laugh)
dibby33 are you really from Tasmania ? that's a new one on me, my first Tasmanian imaginary friend LOL.

217-606x277crop0.jpg

If Mark Hamill says it's okay to cockpunch, that's good enough for me.

Back