Howdy from Texas, y'all!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkendal

Reaction score
Yes, people in Texas still say "Howdy" and "y'all" - maybe not so much in the city, but definitely out in the country where my lovely wife and I now live. I've been steadily moving away from the big city now for half of my almost 50 years it seems - grew up in Houston, moved to Austin in the 80's, moved to Driftwood in '03 (about 30 or so miles southwest of Austin) and 2 years ago moved to the small town of Burton (near Brenham) which is about halfway between Houston and Austin on US290. I hope to never move again.

I've been a long time lurker here (about 4 years or so) and a longer time brewer (coming up on 10 years) and an even longer time java programmer (born to brew, forced to work - it's a curse, I know). This is by far my favorite homebrewing forum - I've brewed some recipes posted here and I've learned a lot just from lurking. I'm not sure why I didn't sign up sooner but here I am. I don't post to forums much so you probably won't see a whole lot of posts from me but I will continue to hang out from time to time, lurking in the shadows.

Cheers!

I've lived in Texas my whole life, and I've never used the greeting "Howdy."
lol

I think you Brenham area folks are a little more country than use Houstonians.

I've lived in Texas my whole life, and I've never used the greeting "Howdy."
lol

I think you Brenham area folks are a little more country than use Houstonians.

I never heard it growing up in Houston, either. They certainly don't use it in Austin, either. First time I heard it was in college at A&M and started meeting people from small towns. I kinda like saying it now, though.

Back