Howdy from Lehigh Valley, PA!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WinterWarrior

Reaction score
Howdy!

I've been using this forum for years ... anytime I needed an answer I could trust, I came here. I never signed up and realized that was very anti-social of me. ;)

I recently got back into brewing because our family is now going Paleo. That means no grains & no corn sugars -- that leaves out a lot (if not all) of commercial AND home brews.

Luckily, I like making ciders and hard "fill-in-the-blank"-ade! And I'm going to see what kind of trouble I can get into brewing those! :drunk: I have also been fermenting a lot of food & beverages: Milk kefir, water kefir, kombucha & using kefir whey for fermenting veggies like sauerkraut and carrots, etc. Basically if it's a veggie or even a meat product, I'll cram it into a mason jar and pickle or can it.

I just put 5 gallons of Hard Lemonade into primary using a recipe I got from my LHB. It's a bit different from the ones I've read here, so we'll see how it goes. Seems pretty hard to screw up, but with that said I did use Red Star Champagne yeast and read it may be too "delicate" for the acidic lemonade.

I want my Hard Lemonade fizzy, fizzy, fizzy so I'll be using Pappers sticky pasteurization instructions when the time comes. Thanks so much to Pappers for the awesome instructions!

Thanks so much for letting me join -- I look forward to all the great discussions.

Winter!

Welcome to the forum. I grew up outside Emmaus!

Too cool and small world!

I'm a transplant from All-Over-The-Place-ville and when I first got here I thought Emmaus was pronounced "Eeee-Mouse." :D After the first 2-3 people got up from laughing themselves stupid, they let me in on how it was pronounced "Ee-MAY-ous." :p

Winter!

Yea, you might find some older signs around with it spelled Emaus, and some older folks who still pronounce it accordingly.

Back