How to start a blog

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steveruch

Reaction score
What all is involved with starting a blog?
How tech savvy do you have to be?
Does it cost much?

What all is involved with starting a blog?
How tech savvy do you have to be?
Does it cost much?

I started one a few years ago. I kind of lost interest in it though (for now). I just bought a domain name from godaddy and started a wordpress. It was very simple and I got quite a bit of views without much advertisement. I just used a lot of tags in the wordpress post. My domain name was only a couple dollars per year.

I use Wix for our homebrew club, its very easy to use and costs are low too. Also Blogger is a good choice too, its free and very powerful. Using these web site editing tools, if you can type you can blog, its that simple.

I use Wix for our homebrew club, its very easy to use and costs are low too. Also Blogger is a good choice too, its free and very powerful. Using these web site editing tools, if you can type you can blog, its that simple.

I'd like to say ...

As a local guy, I stop by to read your stuff once in a while. Amusing and very informative.

There are plenty of "Free" blog sites you can sign up for. They are generally free due to ads. Some of them are very good about not having ads that irritate readers!

The tools to update are generally fairly easy to use, or can be complex if you wish to do some advanced things. Wordpress is the common platform for today's blogs and websites.

I say go for it. If you have something to say, it will be well worth your time and effort to get it set up.

Back