How to set up the kegerator regulator after primary fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ultrashock

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a questions regarding correct carobatntion levels in kegerator.
I usually make Ales (5-6% ABV). I know that for these beers perfect carobation level is between 2-2,6 Volumes of CO2.
My first beer in kegerator is Americal Pale Ale 5,8% ABV. I ferment directly in 2 pieces of the corny kegs, cold crash, then I transfered to another 2 kegs. Then I left the kegs in the kegerator, the regulator is set to 1bar (14,5 PSI) for 5-7 days.
Is that ok and should i left the same pressure during serving(after this 1 week of carbonation)
I use this carobation level chart:
Kegefatorco2.png
Thanks

I always just hook up the keg to serving pressure (12.5psi for me at 38F) from the start, and its usually carb'd in 10-14 days. I don't ever adjust the pressure...

As to your pressure, what temperature are you serving at? Should be within the ranges on the chart for 1bar to get accurate carbonation..

I have set the thermoregulator to 4C and 4C hysteresis, so it's usually between 5C-7C.

Latest posts

Back