How to get a Whiter head?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctvLS

Reaction score
What kind of grain is better for a whiter head
Roasted Barley or Patent Black

I had the idea that patent was better for wither heads and roasted barley always provided some addition of color to the head of the beer. But a friend of mine had the complete opposite idea, and after searching arround the internet, (and this forum) i just found lots of confusing arguments one way or another.

I'm thinking wheat as well. Black patent or roasted barley seem like they would only make it darker

What kind of grain is better for a whiter head
Roasted Barley or Patent Black

I had the idea that patent was better for wither heads and roasted barley always provided some addition of color to the head of the beer. But a friend of mine had the complete opposite idea, and after searching arround the internet, (and this forum) i just found lots of confusing arguments one way or another.

I can't remember which off the top of my head, but I do recall reading that one of those will give your beer a darker head than the other. I'll try and remember which book it was and look it up.

Latest posts

Back