How often do you brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two small kids and this sounds like something for me to try. Sounds relaxing.

Early morning brewing is really nice. Definitely give it a shot man. It's a great way to start a weekend day. I brew out in my shop and SWMBO has started calling it the Brew Chapel since I'm out there so much on Sunday mornings.

I've seen the light.

I like to brew early in the morning too. Cold arse winter prevented me from doing anything so I'm making up for it, about 2 brews a month, but then I have to add 1 or 2 bottling days in there too.

For me,the good thing about starting a brew day early is getting done by 4pm or earlier. nice to be done before it gets dark & I start getting weary. Ditto with bottling days.

I typically brew mornings as well, as early as I can. I can almost always be completely finished by around 2PM. The only time I brew evening is if I have a "brew party"..nothing like drinking beer while making beer but make sure you "plan your soberness" appropriately. Hot liquids fire and drunks don't mix.

I am currently doing 2 5G brews per week staggered 2 days apart. I bottle and brew the same day and have established a solid pipeline. My fermentation chamber can accommodate two fermenting buckets at a time. I am also probably going to add a 3rd brew day for my Saison experiment. This fermentation bucket will be in the ambient air on my shaded, roofed back porch, now that rainy season is here the temps will be between 78-86 degrees.

I typically bottle/brew in the late afternoons/early evenings and have got the process down to less than 4 hours from start to finish.

I have brewed 18 batches in about 2 1/2 months. A lot of my Aussie and Brit friends help with the excess :)

I find the routine a good way to relax with fruits from the labor. :mug:

I brew in the kitchen and my kids wake up early so day time brewing is out for me. Also my wife can't stand the smell (but likes drinking the finished product) so in order to keep the peace I brew when she's not around.

I've settled on brewing night's she's on night shift. She leaves around 7:00 and I mash in around 8:00. The goal is to have the kids in bed and hopefully asleep before the 60 minute mash is done. Sometimes this doesn't work out and I'll have to do an unplanned 75 or even 90 minute mash.

I usually finish up (yeast pitched, gear cleaned and put away) somewhere between 1:00 and 2:00AM. I generally don't drink any beer until I start washing up and one or two is enough to send me off to la-la land.

Night owl brewing has a couple of drawbacks for me (I start getting tired half way through and I lose a couple hours of sleep) but currently it's my best bet for being able to brew all grain batches of beer with any regularity.

About every three weeks. Works out almost perfect - it's usually how long I leave the beer in the fermenter and it's about how long it takes to empty out a keg.

Once every one- two weeks or so but I only do 1-2 gallon batches. So far.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I try for 3 times a month. Just to keep
My pipeline fill. I even throw in a six gal batch of wine every other month

One 5 gal batch every other weekend.

I usually brew about once a month. I would like to brew more often but would have trouble going through more beer. My brew days always start around 5 or 530am.

Latest posts

Back