How much beer do you drink daily?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Up until about 5 years ago, it was 1-2/night, few more on weekends. Then I decided to start rigorous daily exercise, lose weight, get my labs under control, all to stave off old age. So now I'm down to about 1-2/night, but only on weekends.

Saying that.... I do obviously have to taste check the beer at work before packaging etc, check it's not infected or sulfury etc.

is that what ya call it?! :mug: kinda like when i'm coming up with a recipe drinking beer after beer of that style is research?! :rocking:

How many of you heavy drinkers have had blood-work done recently? Any issues with cholesterol / triglycerides?
What would you consider heavy drinking?
i have elevated liver enzymes and a gigantic beer belly thats about it

exactly! :mug: i drink ~6 a night usually, it's dependent on ABV and what i'm doing that evening, but it's not a rare occasion that i go 8+. i'm 34, have been drinking beer like this for quite awhile, and i've never had any alcohol related health problems. i have a belly, fer sher, but the only time i've had elevated liver enzymes, dehydration was partially to blame. the times i've had blood work, nothing out of the ordinary, cholesterol's a tad high, but considering genetic history, it's lower than i'd expect at my age.

Yea thats about what I do as well. 48 kegs.:rockin:

you, sir, are my kinda beer drinker!! :mug:

having a developed pipeline of homebrew has only increased the quality of what i drink, the quantity may have actually dropped off a tad since i started brewing. but who knows, it's harder to keep track of long term when you don't buy as much beer by the measured oz. either way, i don't think a 6 pack a night is a lot of beer for an avg guy to drink. over an ~8 hour evening, that's hardly enough to put someone over the legal limit.

BrewMU said:
usually get sleepy first, if nothing else.

ain't that the sad truth. Two Fridays ago I told the wife to head to bed w/o me cause I felt like staying up late & drinkin' hard. I fell asleep at 10:30 after 3 deuces :(

"What a drag it is getting old...."

Let's see on average five a night and ten or so sat and sun we brew a lot like very weekend

You are about to be savaged from the one a day, two on weekend crowd. This thread is more about how little I drink a day.

I am not on a beer brewing board to be a teetotaler.

Did you see my post? I agree with you though, it seems everyone here is filling out a CUA rather than being honest.

Okay fine, I brew tons of beer weekly, but I haven't had a beer in 15 years. I do this as a service to my neighborhood and give it all away.

Then I donate my free time to the local homeless shelter as well as making a haute cuisine meal each night with road kill.

Then after I save the kittens in the park, I go home school my kids, and give my SWMBO a massage with special oil. I start the next day with breakfast in bed for all and hit the ground running.:)

I agree with you though, it seems everyone here is filling out a CUA rather than being honest.

totally!!! :mug:

it's like when the cop asks, 'how much have you had to drink tonight, sir?'
'um, one or two light beers with dinner, *hiccup*, officer.'

i don't know whether to call BS or to start thinking of myself as a heavy drinker..............

f it, i'll just have another beer. :mug:

Okay fine, I brew tons of beer weekly, but I haven't had a beer in 15 years. I do this as a service to my neighborhood and give it all away.

Then I donate my free time to the local homeless shelter as well as making a haute' cuisine meal each night with road kill.

Then after I save the kittens in the park, I go home school my kids, and give my SWMBO a massage with special oil. I start the next day with breakfast in bed for all and hit the ground running.

:ban::ban::ban:
methinks you have the same perspective on this as i do. :mug:

Then I donate my free time to the local homeless shelter as well as making a haute cuisine meal each night with road kill.

Then after I save the kittens in the park, I go home school my kids, and give my SWMBO a massage with special oil. I start the next day with breakfast in bed for all and hit the ground running.:)

You definitely qualify for this thread:tank:

Usually none during the week but 1/2 a case to a case on the weekend. I guess that makes me a binge drinker but I'm ok with that

I wonder what everyone drinks at night that prefers not to drink beer? Apparently there are a large number of them.
I'm guessing the majority is doing P90X, drinking water and protein shakes though. If you do, more power to ya!:D

Look both ways when you cross the street tomorrow. I don't want anyone killed by an errant driver.

I'm guessing the majority is doing P90X, drinking water and protein shakes though. If you do, more power to ya!:D

:off: there was actually a thread the other day about making a beer with that cr@p, 'cuz it's healthy'. i think the OP wanted to make a chocolate milk stout with Muscle Milk or some $h!t. :drunk:

i threw up a little in my mouth when i read that.

/Nordeast
I am sure there was. They probably were going to make a batch to last them and their friends for the year. ;)

wait what? this is a home brewing site? oh man, i'm in the wrong place. i thought it was a forum for guys who liked to drink beer. :ban:

Nope we are about making beer. No one drinks here. Sometimes we have to taste, but other than that, not so much.

/Nordeast
I am sure there was. They probably were going to make a batch to last them and their friends for the year. ;)

at least. :mug: what with all the flavored vodka and flavored malt beverages, who needs more than a case or two a year. i mean, all those empty beer calories aren't good for you anyway.

oh cr@p, i have a beer buzz, i should go walk it off so i don't get into bed with a full stomach, wouldn't want to not fit into my jeans tomorrow. :mug:

Lets see... I drink 2.9 beers a day... the wife drinks 2.9 beers a day times 12 oz = 69.6 oz a day between us... times that by 365 days a year = 25,404oz. divide that by 128 oz in a gallon and I guess we drink between the both of us 198.46 Gallons a year... I give 1 1/2 gallons away each year so that puts me at 200 gallon a year.

oh cr@p, i have a beer buzz, i should go walk it off so i don't get into bed with a full stomach, wouldn't want to not fit into my jeans tomorrow. :mug:

Good thing you are keeping an eye on yourself. I don't think they sell new pants anymore either. I'm busy skinning a newborn unicorn for my next pair that I outgrew.

Lets see... I drink 2.9 beers a day... the wife drinks 2.9 beers a day times 12 oz = 69.6 oz a day between us... times that by 365 days a year = 25,404oz. divide that by 128 oz in a gallon and I guess we drink between the both of us 198.46 Gallons a year... anyone have a 1 1/2 gallon recipe they could share?

You my Friend are perfectly legal. Wow, less than half a gallon to spare! Have an extra beer for me!:cross:

Usually 2-3 on weekdays, still have to do hw being in college and all, weekends usually don't remember haha.

Depends on the week and my on-call schedule for the hospital. Typically 4-8 beers/week. I am headed home here at 0700 and gonna try a couple beers since bottling, see how they turned out after carbing! Woohoo for me!

It's interesting because it seems a high number of people on this board boast about brewing a minimum of once a month, yet you look at the posts here and consumption does not reflect this at all. While there are many people who meet this criteria, there are just as many (if not more) who don't. There must be a bunch of us just giving beer away, huh? Either that or there's a lot of under reporting!

It's interesting because it seems a high number of people on this board boast about brewing a minimum of once a month, yet you look at the posts here and consumption does not reflect this at all. There must be a bunch of us just giving beer away, huh? Either that, or there's a lot of under reporting! Or boasting...

I concur. It doesn't make much sense to me either.

Especially when you take into account that most people purchase beer in addition to what they brew. Hmmm... I smell b******t! Either people don't brew what they claim, or they're in serious denial. Or, a combination of both.

Especially when you take into account that most people purchase beer in addition to what they brew. Hmmm... I smell b******t! Either people don't brew what they claim, or they're in serious denial. Or, a combination of both.

I think you nailed it man. I've noticed that same odor, it's been on this thread since I first viewed it. I'm guessing it's the same BS people give their docs, bosses and insurance reps. Kinda sad actually.... First off, we all drink beer here. Second, if you lie to your doc about this $h!t, how's he s'posed to know how to help you.

Good thing you are keeping an eye on yourself. I don't think they sell new pants anymore either. I'm busy skinning a newborn unicorn for my next pair that I outgrew.

that sucks man.... when i cr@p my pants after a night of heavy drinking, unicorns skin their young and make them into pants for me. :mug:

it's too early for this beer talk though, the only think on my mind at this hour is chuggin' a few of those oh-so-good for you energy shots and running so fast that i get deported. .
SNAAAAKE EYYYYYYYYES!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I brew twice a month, but lately a few of those batches have been lagers that sit for 6-8 weeks, two went to events that I participated in, one was a berliner that I just started drinking last night (brewed in October), and even with my "low" consumption, I only have 1 full keg waiting to be tapped. I give away some beer, but not much. You guys don't bring beer to parties or family gatherings?

Once again I'm just an average kind of guy.

0-2 on weeknights
0-4 on weekends

Now that I brew, a strange thing has happened. I appreciate the beers more but I drink less. Before I brewed I was going through a 12 pack of Kokanee every three days.

Then again, I got into homebrew after seeing Food, Inc and deciding that I needed to wise up and eat healthy. These days I also go to the gym and am kind of watching my caloric intake.

Only one time have I gotten drunk on my own beer. A nut brown ale that snuck up on me.

Back