How many of you...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmcman73

Reaction score
How many of you find yourselves modifying, configuring, re-configuring, upgrading, building your rigs just as much as you brew beer on it?

It seems like after every brew session, I get a brain storm (maybe from the aroma of wort and hops swirling around the air) and find myself modifying my electric brew equipment after a brew session. Whether it's just adding a new cam lock, adding another hose, moving some temp sensors or modifying how my mash/tun drains into my brew kettle.

Maybe it's the engineer in me that just loves an excuse to keep building/modifying just as much as I love brewing beer.

I have an ongoing list of upgrades and changes I'd like to make, many brought to light during a brew session, but budget forces me to give them long and careful consideration before implementing. Often this is a good thing.

I tinker in my other hobbies (especially gun stuff), but I am pretty happy with my brewing setup so far.

I've had my new system for about two years now, so I finally have it tuned the way I want it, and haven't reengineered anything in the last three or so brews. My new small batch system is still very much a work in progress.

I finished my herms system about 6 months ago. I made a few minor adjustments after the first 2 brew days and have one more in mind. Hopefully I wont have to do to many more mods, stuff can get expensive.
One thing though it did take about a year to design my system. A lot of research and looking at different systems til I got the system I thought was best for me.
I was in no rush I was able to all grain with a cooler and pot set-up but it was a PITA unpacking and packing everything up all the time. So now I have a portable stand that has everything on it. The only thing I have to do is bring my ingredients from the house to the garage and i'm ready to brew.

Some guys certainly do seem to get off as much on the gear as on the beer.

However, while I make some minor tweaks to my hardware, I concentrate mostly on recipe experimentation.

Well my system is fairly new, first time I built an all electric system. Before that, I was brewing with one pot on the stove which is probably why I am still tinkering with it, I only have 2 brews on it.

Yuppers. Though it's only recent that I have pushed for change. Wish I'd done it sooner.

Latest posts

Back