How many gallons of Mead 2023

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1.5 gallon 9.5% abv sparkling cyser - well that's the goal anyway.

18.55 + 1.5 = 20.05 gal

4 gallons of JAOM, 1 gallon hydromel, 1 gallon hopped hydromel.

20.05 + 6 = 26.05

33.6 + 5 gallons session Honey Crisp + 5 gallons Strawberry orange blossom session + 6.25 gallon of BOB (buckwheat-orange blossom)= 49.85gallons total.

Last edited:
That sounds interesting🤔
Using cold steeped Marshmallow root, Hot steeped Cacao Nibs. I'm using Clover for the larger share of the sugars with Meadowfoam and Buckwheat bringing in the rest of the honey. It is amazing how much Meadowfoam smells like Marshmallow.

A portion of the Clover, Meadowfoam and all of the Buckwheat got caramelized to about 240F. I'll update on how this experiment turns out.

Last edited:
Using cold steeped Marshmallow root, Hot Steeped Cacao Nibs. I'm using Clover for the larger share of the sugars with Meadowfoam and Buckwheat bringing in the rest of the honey. It is amazing how much Meadowfoam smells like Marshmallow.

A portion of the Clover, Meadowfoam and all of the Buckwheat got caramelized to about 240F. I'll update on how this experiment turns out.
That sounds like an awesome process. I agree,
Meadowfoam is very marshmallowy in the nose.
Looking forward to how this one comes out.
Thanks for sharing.

90 gallons + 6.5 Mango Dragonfruit Lemonade + 2 gallon of Peacher Creature Clone attempt = 98.5 gallons total

Mango Dragonfruit Lemonade: It's a ~7.0% wine kit that I'm using half of to make a 12% mead out of... hope it comes out good.

Pitched an 8% wildflower traditional, 1.75 gallons (kinda tight in my 2 gallon bucket!)

113.25 + 1.75 = 115 gallons

120.5 + 1G 14% MO Wildflower Traditional

Started off with BOMM. Then TOSNA 2.0, then TOSNA 3.0. Now, TANG. Which for this particular mead is just adhering to TOSNA 3.0.

5 gallons Traditional mead.
5 gallons Orange blossom mead.
5 gallons Berry kiwi cyser.
1 gallon experimental pyment.
1 gallon wildflower mead with mansgrove yeast. -> fist time using.
1 Gallon wildflower mead with kveik voss yeast. -> fist time using.
1 Gallon wildflower mead with D47 yeast. -Fist time using.

123.5 + 5 + 5 + 5 + 1+ 1 + 1+ 1 = 142.5 total for thread

Back