How many gallons of Mead 2023

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Using cold steeped Marshmallow root, Hot steeped Cacao Nibs. I'm using Clover for the larger share of the sugars with Meadowfoam and Buckwheat bringing in the rest of the honey. It is amazing how much Meadowfoam smells like Marshmallow.

A portion of the Clover, Meadowfoam and all of the Buckwheat got caramelized to about 240F. I'll update on how this experiment turns out.
@MightyMosin
Did you do an update on this yet or did I just miss it? Life has been pretty hectic lately & I know I've missed a bunch of posts on this forum. Looking forward to how this comes out.
Thank you, in advance, if you do reply.
Happy meading šŸ˜Ž

464 + 45 gallons = 509.
1 gallon each of Traditional with Clover. Wildflower, Southern, and Oaxaca honey
1 gal (plus or minus) each: Strawberry peppercorn, Dragon Blood, Viking Blood, Cranberry Spiced Cider, Cinnamon Cyser, Vanilla Hammer, Not So Dark and Stormy cider, Dark Ginger Cider, Mango Short Mead, Peach Short Mead, Cranberry Spiced Mead, Joe's Ancient Orange, Pyment, Acerglyn, Toffee Caramel Bochet, Bananas Foster Bochet, Cherry "Bourbon" Aged Cider, Short Chocolate mead, Fire Mead, Lavender Blackberry, Blueberry Muffin, Berry, Lemon Basil, Dry Hopped Cider, Escape to the Tropics (Pineapple, Coconut, Orange), and a Black Cherry Mead.

5+ gallon each of Traditional with Orange Blossom, Clover, Wildflower.

Since August. Yes, I cannonballed into this hobby...

510+19 gallons, to include a 6 gallon JAO "Frankenmead" (2 types of honey and 4 types of oranges) and 13 other 1-gallon batches of various flavors.

Started my yeast today, pitching another 6 gallon Blackberry melomel, wife wanted freezer space and they occupied the most room.

557 Gallons.

Just one gallon of ginger mead. Currently bulk aging, don't plan on bottling until August next year.
Need to try the coffee mead I bottled in October 2022....

+30 Gallons

5 Tart Cherry
5 Cranberry Orange
5 Pink Lemonade
5 Traditional - Oaked
5 Bochet - Guajillo Pepper

Back