How Many Gallons of Mead 2015 Edition!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 Gallons Orange Blossom Mead (Bottled)
5 Gallons Bakers Mead (Bottled)
5 Gallons Orange Melomel (Bulk Aging)
5 Gallons Hibiscus Flower Metheglin (Secondary)
5 Gallons Hibiscus Tea Methiglin (Primary)

25 Gallons

764 Gallons

My first mead was just recently brewed. May start another one before the new year but currently have 5 gallons of Apple pie cyser bull aging. May start 5 gallons of peach mead next month but not sure yet. So we will stick with 5 on the year for now.

+ 6 gallons of hibiscus mead
1 gallon of juniper mead
1 gallon of Christmas mead
Plus 4 gallons of braggot

1 gallon JAOM
1 gallon Vanilla Bochet
1 gallon Green Tea/Cranberry Mead
6 gallon Bochet
6 gallon Raspberry Mead
6 gallon Apricot/Vanilla Mead.

807 + 21 = 828

Just started what will be a five gallon batch of blackberry melomel (blackberry blossom honey, blackberry puree. Reserving some water and honey for step feeding).

856+5=861

Have a gallon amber mead going now, starting a metheglin next week when I get over this bug and a cyser as well, all are small batch single gallons

Edited
I just brewed 3 gallons of a strawberry mead, 3 gallons of a coffee mead, 2 gallons of tej and another 5 gallons of a garbage pail (pale - ha) ale and a gallon of cyser.

If I could do math lol-

First post.

1 Gallon of Mango courtesy of a recipe I found here pitched Good Friday!

-Pao
1 gallon of plain filtered tap water and Rowse honey mead, using Youngs Ale Yeast that I pitched just before midnight meaning it technically was made in November.

884 + 1 = 885

After my 1 month quick mead trial using CDB and Safbrew Abbaye comparing dry yeasts with 1388, racked all 3 one gallon batches into one carboy over strawberries.

+3 strawberry Mel
=888

897 is where we're sitting... looks like we might lose the momentum from the growth previously. Wish I'd joined sooner and could have contributed more but that leaves me next year! I have new carboys coming in (by tues) so should be a couple more gallons then!

Just started a JAOM, 1 gallon.

The cyser I was supposed to start this week (waiting on yeast) is actually going to be a 2 gallon so since it's in the tally (prev post) as a 1 gallon I"m going to add the 2nd gallon now so we're square! Had expected to be starting it already so apologies for the delay with flu bug, holidays, and stalking the UPS guy!

so 897 + 2 = 899

+6 gallons Orange Blossom
+6 gallons Cranberry Orange
+6 gallons Cranberry Raspberry Orange
+6 gallons Mixed GFS fruit melomel

( hopefully a few more buckets started before the end of the year )

903 + 24 = 927

927+

6 gal orange
5 gal blond summer
3 gal parumph valley raw honey

=941

Five gallons of tangelo, one gallon of apple/pear, and one gallon of blackberry/vanilla.

Back