How many gallons of homebrew in 2010?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+10 Gallons Belgian Dark Strong Ale
+5 Gallons Belgian Double
+10 Gallons Belgian Wit

2176 + 25 = 2201

Cleaning up Zen's excellent math first:

21576 + 25 = 21601

and then add my own to it.

21601 + 10 gallons scottish ale (even though I f*cking spilled 5 of it)

21611 +
5 gallons ea: American Amber, Honey Hefeweizen, NutBrown, Imperial Amber, Black IPA, Belgian Pale, Belgian IPA, Dubbel, APA, Raspberry Wheat, Scottish, Witbier

2.5 gallons ea: Imperial Oatmeal Coffee Stout, Tripel, Special Bitter, Baltic Porter

5 gallons Hop Vomit IIPA
10 gallons IPA
5 gallons oatmeal stout

+ 5.5 gallons of an american IPA

21,836 + 5.5 = 21,841.5

If we were a brewery we'd be at about 704 barrels for the year so far! :mug:

If we were a brewery we'd be at about 704 barrels for the year so far! :mug:

And that's just the brewers on HBT, and who've posted in this thread. There are about 47 members of the South Shore Brew Club, and I think that there's about 7 or 8 of us on HBT. Of those, I think I'm the only one who posted in this thread. So, the number of barrels brewed collectively by homebrewers is probably staggering.
:mug:

shanecb, thanks for the sig idea. I just updated mine with the total gallons I brewed in 2010.

I was also thinking that, given how many people our club has, and knowing several brewers in our area that aren't part of our club, what would the percentage of homebrewers to club members be? My numbers above could be dwarfed by even that number. So "staggering" may not be strong enough. Mind blowing?

shanecb, thanks for the sig idea. I just updated mine with the total gallons I brewed in 2010.

I was also thinking that, given how many people our club has, and knowing several brewers in our area that aren't part of our club, what would the percentage of homebrewers to club members be? My numbers above could be dwarfed by even that number. So "staggering" may not be strong enough. Mind blowing?

:off:

No problem!

Mind blowing for sure! :rockin:

Pretty sure I'm WAY past my 200 this year. I have 85 gallons in my sig, and I have more than that in reality. I'll brew 400 this year and I've brewed thousands total. 10's of thousands aren't far off.

5gal Amarillo Pale
5gal Honey Rye Saison
5gal Oaked Stock Ale
5gal lemongrass lychee wheat
5gal Yuvaraja IPA
3gal coco almond porter

so 28 gal
21856.5 + 28 = 21884.5

by the way, if all of this was bottled in 12 oz bottles, 233,434.67 bottles of beer.

Back