How many gallons of EdWort's Apfelwein have been made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5093+5=5098

did my first batch the other day
i also pitched a package of red star champagne yeast into a gallon of cider yesturday for fun:mug:

Another 5 = 5103

This is my first batch, I am pretty excited, but I am also the only drinker I know who likes it dry. I might have this one all to myself!

+9 = 5112

One gallon that I made with Indian Summer juice and 1 cup corn sugar is clearing after 3 weeks and will be done soon. :)

put together my first five last night (with Epernay yeast . . . the LHBS folks said they stopped carrying the Montrachet because it "stank too much")

Started a 6 Gal batch last night.

6.25 Gal carboy for primary.
6 Gal 100% juice w/ascorbic
2 lb dextrose
Pectic enzime
Energizer & nutrient
Monty yeast - 1 1/4 pack

Bubbling well this morning.

5147 + 6 = 5153 :mug:

LyndenP said:
Judging by the amount made i need to try this stuff. I think i might go out now and get the ingredients. Ill chime in when its made...:mug:

Do it, it's well worth it, and even if you don't like it, it's only 20 bucks.

Wastegate said:
Should have listened to you and started a second batch. :(
Make a 3rd batch that you can put in a closet and forget about for a while after bottling. :)

I just finished drinking my first batch that I made about 8-9 months ago, and it definitely improves with age.

Bottled my first 5 gallon batch last night. Still green, but very very drinkable. Put 1.5 liters into my seltzer bottle for poor-man's force carb. We'll see how that goes later this evening.

And oh my gawd, EdWort is a M'F**kR !!!! :drunk:

My head hurts so bad.. and it's the next day at 2pm MDT...

Total: 5232.5 gallons

Hmmm, they're old and partially consumed, but I should add my 2 5 gallon batches.

5207.5 + 10 = 5217.5.

Buffalo, damn you for adding a decimal amount!!! :p

Just made my first batch yesterday. It is happily bubbling away already.

5217.5 + 5 = 5222.5

+5 =5235

I started with 5 gallons a little over a month ago but I am down to about 3 now. I think that it is too high ABV or my fermenting temp is to high and it is evaporating through the airlock. :confused:

Brewed 3 gal. to try it out. Guessed on the amount of sugar from a 5# bag.

5235 + 3 = 5238 and counting...

Latest posts

Back