How many gallons of cider 2019?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amost forgot this thread.
1 gallon apple cherry homemade fjc ( motts)

6 gallons (1 and 5) motts plain with s-05 and s-04

203 + 7= 210

Sour cherry/ chokecherry cider, cuvee yeast. Going to sweeten in keg with Old orchard cherry pomegranate
210 + 5 = 215

229 + another 7 this morning = 236.

Standard house cider. Quality juice from KS, tannins from chestnut, malic acid, nutes and SO-4.

cheap ass, or as cheap as apple juice gets, kroger apple juice. doped with 4lb's table sugar to bring it up to a 8%....

i believe i added EC-1118(SP?)

edit: just looked it was actually 'Premier Blanc' yeast

252+10=262

Last edited:
as i see there was a thread about dumping apple juice on beer trub...

i just dumped 10 gals and 4lb of sugar into the fermenter i just kegged up!

265+10=275

damn, i'm adding to my own tally....lol

well for this batch i boiled a quart of the apple juice with 3 large spoons full of mulling spices....dumped all it in the fermenter i just kegged of the batch before last.

so....drum roll! :)

275+10=285 (and yes, for some reason i have the hefty garbage bag theme playing in my head)

three in a row! i have to wonder why i have to scroll so far down to find this, if i'm the only one fermenting apple juice...?

going to have to add my 4lb's sugar later, forgot to tell instacart to get it for me....(yes, i'm being lazy, so i have my juice delivered...easiest brew days i've been having in a long time! :))

285+10=295

I've done 4 in the last month (just started brewing again):
1 gal plain apple Belle Saison
1 gal blueberry/pom Belle Saison
2 gal plain apple pitched on my Munich Classic trub

First 2 two are carbing, last 2 are about to be bottled.

295+4= 299

three in a row! i have to wonder why i have to scroll so far down to find this, if i'm the only one fermenting apple juice...?
I've been itching to brew and have 6 gal of aj just waiting for me to make cider. But too many other projects and priorities right now. So, can't post futures unless I've pitched yeast.

I've been itching to brew and have 6 gal of aj just waiting for me to make cider. But too many other projects and priorities right now. So, can't post futures unless I've pitched yeast.

it only takes a few seconds to dump it in a bucket! unlike hours to brew....6 gals can't take longer then 10 gals that i poured into my fermenter....i didn't even add yeast, just on top of the yeast cake from the last batch! lol, and to keep this on topic, and make it an even number...that yeast cake had to have about a gal still on it...sooo...

299+1=300 (apparently we work in small numbers here in the cider forum, so every little bit helps! lol)

So I'm trying my blueberry cider again this time using a homemade blueberry/BlackBerry syrup I made. Going to experiment with the backsweeten with some Knudsen blueberry juice and maple syrup mixture
300 + 3 = 303

Attachments

• 1560911774067-1556643540.jpg
    1560911774067-1556643540.jpg
    967.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
2 gl with baker's yeast, just for fun.
6 gl Premier Blanc and EC-1118
No added sugar yet. 1 step at a time for the newbie's experiment. All in an ice cooler to keep a 45 / 55 degree temp. It will be some time before it's ready.
That's a total of 8 gl, for those who have a math deficiency.
348 + 8 = 356

just dumped 10 gals apple juice in a bucket, came here to brag...and got the tip from @RPh_Guy to try it with oak, so added about 4 oz's light toast oak chips to the fermenter....(i hope the beer boys don't miss me! been being lazy recently on my brewing :))

Im a recent convert...

1G basic apple
3G apple/cherry
1G apple cinnamon

362 + 5 = 367

For future reference, does this thread count cysers? or do I have to go over for the mead people for that?

5 gallons of Sour cherry, cuvee yeast. Sweeten in keg with Old orchard cherry pomegranate
371 + 5 = 376

5 gallons strawberry hibiscus cider, 10 gallons passionfruit cider, 5 gallons citra dry hopped, and 5 gallons of standard cider. Whew, lots of catching up to do! 376+25 = 401

Back