How many Cornies do you own?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 36 ball lock 5Gal, 12 in keezer, 12 reserve aging, 12 getting filled. and 1 antique 10gal pin lock. Haven't figured out what to do with that one yet.

I have 18- 5 gallon Pin Lock. Of those 8 have red tops that I have designated for fermenting in (makes it easy to tell serving kegs from fermenters). I brew 8 gallon batches and split into 2 cornies then transfer using c02.

My wife just ran to the brew shop this afternoon when we went to keg her steam beer, and realized we had nowhere to put this beer. I think we are around 20 now.

14, 5 Cornelius Pin Locks, 5 Firestone Pin Locks and 4 Cornelius Ball Locks

I have 3 but have never had more than one filled at a time. I guess I drink too fast. :mug:

No. You brew too slowly. :mug:

I've got 4 ball locks, but am always looking for a steal of a price to get more. I paid $25 each for the ones I have and am too cheap to pay more than that right now. Someday my hand my be forced and I'll have to pay the going rate of $40-$45.

I just bought my 5th 5g pin lock on Friday and will be buying two more in the next month for a 10 gallon batch of pumpkin ale brewed this weekend.

Just bought 2. Both are sitting with sanitizer, until my brews are ready and the temperature controller for my new keezer comes in. I already want more :(

16, not nearly enough. I'm switching to putting my meads into cornies for aging and that's killing the overall availability of the stock for beer.

5 ball-locks, and like everyone else here, not nearly enough... especially with sour beers coming out of barrels.

When it comes to kegs, 8 is definitely not enough.

I just pulled the trigger on 4 more... I wonder how SWMBO will react...

That brings my total to 12!!!

(SWMBO walks in the house with mail.)
Me: "Were there any packages?"
SWMBO: "No, are you expecting something?"
Me (*mumbling*): some more kegs...
Me: ... brewing equipment, grains, hops, and a couple of other things.
SWMBO: Wait! What? Did you say more kegs?
Me: ........... um ..... yeah.
SWMBO: You don't need any more kegs!
Me: Yes, I do!
SWMBO: No, you don't! You have enough already and there is not enough room for more.
Me: I don't have enough. I have to condition beers in them and I don't have enough for the long conditioning times on some of them. Don't worry, you won't even notice them. They'll be in the freezers and beer closet.
SWMBO: ........ hmmph.

I have 16. I thought 6 was plenty since I have 3 taps. I usually keep 4 kegs in my fridge with one on deck carbing and conditioning and then I keep one with starsan to clean the lines. 6 wasn't cutting it so I searched for more and lucked into 10 freebies. I probably will never need 16 but it was so hard to find them I plan on keeping them forever.

Back