How many brews? In your life, haha

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klay23

Reaction score
4 total, all extract with specialty grains. No lagers yet. But I want to...

3 five gallon
1 1 gallon...

No AG's yet either.... But makes me very curious about doing one

There's 38 listed on my Beer Alchemy list, but that only covers the last 2 years, and doesn't count a few that I deleted when I knew the recipe sucked and wouldn't be repeated. I brew about 2 times a month.

There's 38 listed on my Beer Alchemy list, but that only covers the last 2 years, and doesn't count a few that I deleted when I knew the recipe sucked and wouldn't be repeated. I brew about 2 times a month.

Nice, I haven't done enough to lose count just yet. But I'm working on it. My first brew 5 gallons is almost gone. A couple gallons maybe. :(

5 fermenters... RIS, American Strong Ale, English ESB, Oatmeal Stout, & Belgian Golden Strong. Probably about 8 different batches bottled. I've been working OT on a pipeline lol

How many beers in my life? More trucks than the beers got army to carry. On my 3rd Burton ale...the smoker I drink,the player I get. This weekend will be 12 batches of beer. Don't remember how much wine in the 15 or 20 years I made them. But it's like we used to say,if you remember it clearly...you weren't there! :drunk:

How many beers in my life? More trucks than the beers got army to carry. On my 3rd Burton ale...the smoker I drink,the player I get. This weekend will be 12 batches of beer. Don't remember how much wine in the 15 or 20 years I made them. But it's like we used to say,if you remember it clearly...you weren't there! :drunk:

Damn, :mug:

OOOoh yeaaaaus! Can i get an amenaaah?At 6.8%,& a few shots of vodka...aaah yeaus,good ol'winter warmers. I'm gunna make twice as much next winter. Next up is more of her summer shandy & my sunset gold APA this weekend. But this time,mine'll get 1oz each of Ahtanum & sterling.** & yes,I remember one wine that was better than a certain one popular at New Years...

110-120 batches over the years - some much better than others, didn't have the internet back then....

Most of y'all make my 16 gallons seem kinda sad.... Haha. Looking forward to this oatmeal stout in the fermenter though

If you can count or give a sh-t, you're still a noob!

:ban:

Really though I sort of wish I knew how many gallons I have produced in my short tenure. However, it's kinda like when you're sixteen and you count how many bottle caps are in you pocket the next morning. I think we all brew because we love it, not to prove how big our e-penis is.:tank:

I kept track up to my 100th batch, then I quit keeping track. That was in 2008, so I have no idea since then.

The wonderful thing is that it the excitement doesn't go away. 23 years later, hundreds and hundreds of brews on commercial systems, etc, etc, I still feel like a kid at Christmas waiting for the day I can brew... I wake up early, I am ready to go! It's a thrill and I LOVE IT. It's a fantastic hobby and the comradeship of brewers is matched only by musicians... I feel blessed to have both hobbies in my life. :)

It's not really a "thing" to keep track when you use computer software. In all honesty, whether I like it or not my computer is keeping track. Although I've only been using software for a little over 2 years. I brewed for about 3 years before that. My total will forever be lost to the sands of time.

a $h!t ton. :rockin: i have 21 gallons in fermenters right now, 2 full kegs in my kegerator and probably another 5-10 gal in bottles (although i've never really counted all the bottles of beer i have around here). i've brewed 24 gallons so far this year as of yesterday. last year was ~200-250 gal. then there's the wine and cider my wife's taken a liking to making. :mug:

It's called keeping notes - maybe you should try it.

I stopped keeping notes ages ago. Not worth it once you get past a certain point.

Not really...computer software keeps track of all the beers I have brewed. Why did you go in this thread if you don't "give a sh-t"?

Your computer only keeps track if you TELL it to keep track. In other words, you must actually enter a log of the brew in order for the "computer to keep track for you"

There have been countless times I just printed off a recipe and brewed away. Never entered anything into the puter regarding OG, brew dates, or anything else. In over 15 years of brewing I couldn't possibly telly how many batches I have brewed. And I don't care. It is not a contest, dudes, either about your brewing proficiency or your anal-retentive record-keeping. Brewing is just fun.

I stopped keeping notes ages ago. Not worth it once you get past a certain point.

Your computer only keeps track if you TELL it to keep track. In other words, you must actually enter a log of the brew in order for the "computer to keep track for you"

There have been countless times I just printed off a recipe and brewed away. Never entered anything into the puter regarding OG, brew dates, or anything else. In over 15 years of brewing I couldn't possibly telly how many batches I have brewed. And I don't care. It is not a contest, dudes, either about your brewing proficiency or your anal-retentive record-keeping. Brewing is just fun.

Lol, took this waaaaaaaay to serious

Meant to simply look back and reminisce for a few. No where near enough for me with 16 gallons. But some has some serious brewing histories which is cool, whether you took notes or not.... Some people use notes to improve, make better beer. Nothing wrong with that...

Brewing IS fun... and if it isn't it's time to stop... No, it isn't a contest, I don't think anyone is trying to make it a contest (at least not most people)

Years working in various breweries I always kept notes... you had to, it was important for yeast tracking, recipe evolution, etc. I have at least one log from every recipe I ever formulated in a pub or micro... I have been going through them lately since I am looking at getting back into that end of the industry... even so, I find now that a few of my notes then weren't detailed enough and I am having to deconstruct some things to remember what was what. I recently took one of those old recipes, scaled it down from 10bbl to 5 gallons, brewed it today and because of the detail from the original record, I was able to nail it on the first go. I wish that I had kept records from all of my homebrews... I would love to be able to look at a recipe I made 20 years ago, heck, 5 years ago... some of them would be worth repeating... I know there were beers in my pro file that I had totally forgotten, how many more that I had made at home are lost to memory?... sad... SO, I am afraid I have to disagree with the "Not worth it once you get past a certain point" statement...

I keep notes of every beer. Put #199 in the fermenter this morning. Most batches are 7 gallons. This does not include ciders.

What to do with #200? Thinking of pushing a Belgian to about 14% for the hell of it. Maybe I can run my car off it if it doesn't work out.

It's called keeping notes - maybe you should try it.

I keep plenty of notes. That is very critical. But when you enter your recipe into a software program and then brew it again 5 or more times, tweeking it to what you want or desire, I don't keep adding a new recipe.

As for why I went into this thread if I didn't give a sh-t, it may have been to make a point.

I love brewing and I don't sweat the small details like batch #. I try to make my beer better each time and learn as much as I can from previous brews and also others feedback.

I feel like people are looking for credibility or trying to show superiority when they tell you how many times they have brewed or how long they have been brewing. That's a crock!

There are a lot of people that have been brewing for a long time that still make crappy beer, and a lot that have only brewed for a short time that can make great beers. The number of times doesn't mean squat.

So there's your reason.

Brew often and never stop learning!:mug:

Bull

I feel like people are looking for credibility or trying to show superiority when they tell you how many times they have brewed or how long they have been brewing. That's a crock!

This a glaring example of how internet communication can lead to inferred meanings.

I keep track of every brew because the way Beer Alchemy works you start a new batch off of your recipe every time you brew. Personally I think it is great because I can open all of them to see how my recipe has changed over each successive iteration. My ego does not enter into this equation.

When I saw this thread, I opened my program, quickly counted, then posted the total, not because I give two craps what you think about the amount of brews I've done, but because I thought it was an interesting question being asked in the OP.

If in real life you observe other people in such a way that you assume their mindsets from a few simple sentences, I advise that you learn to wait for more evidence before coming to your conclusions.

Ok, back to the topic. Curiosity of how many brew, gallons etc...? Not a Wang measuring contest, quality, or greatest. Sheer numbers, some of you may not even realize how many you've actually done, I think that's cool too.

I wasn't referring to you specifically, but in general, I find that people use duration or quantity as qualifications.

I really don't care how many times anyone has brewed, but I do take notice of award winners.

I give people the benefit of doubt, but in the end, the results are what matters.

Bull

I'm very bad about documentation. Trying to get better. I would guess two, maybe three, dozen or so over the last two years. I dried up pretty bad for about six months last year. I am just now starting to get my pipeline back up to speed now.

I'm very bad about documentation. Trying to get better. I would guess two, maybe three, dozen or so over the last two years. I dried up pretty bad for about six months last year. I am just now starting to get my pipeline back up to speed now.

120-180 gallons, haha. That's a bunch of beer... :mug:

That's about an average of 10 beers a week consumption to get rid of it, not bad, not bad at all. I've killed 3 gallons in the last 2 weeks... Hopefully I don't kill it before the oatmeal stout is ready.... :fro:

Latest posts

Back