How Long??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Igorstien

Reaction score
I've had a batch in the carboy for almost a month now. With work and Christmas I just haven't got around to bottling it.

It is still airlocked and looks very clear. I haven't openned it since I racked it over. Should it still be okay to bottle? I don't want to open it and check the smell, because I don't want to lose my CO2 blanket.

Thanks,
Igorstien

Igor, I'm absolutely certain that your brew is fine. The ONLY issue you might encounter is that lots of yeast will be sitting on the bottom. So come bottling time, you can maybe add a bit more new yeast, or you can stir up a bit of the bottom trub. All you've done is bulk aged for extra clarity. Good job!

Maybe he's like me and has 7-8 brews in the garage at once? Patience is easy when you have lots of ale! I'd rack it to the priming bucket without stirring and bottle. It might be a little slow to carbonate, but it will.

Back