How long to ferment trappist yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOISEpollution

Reaction score
I have an IPA brewing with white labs trappist ale yeast. My plan was to leave it in primary for 2 weeks then rack it to secondary for dry hopping for another week then keg it, force carb, and serve. Is this fine or would I be better off to leave it in primary for another week?

I have an IPA brewing with white labs trappist ale yeast. My plan was to leave it in primary for 2 weeks then rack it to secondary for dry hopping for another week then keg it, force carb, and serve. Is this fine or would I be better off to leave it in primary for another week?

That sounds fine, provided you pitched enough yeast at the beginning and had good temperature control during fermentation. I usually keep the beer in the fermenter for 5-7 days after FG is reached, or about 14 days total.

Yooper said:
That sounds fine, provided you pitched enough yeast at the beginning and had good temperature control during fermentation. I usually keep the beer in the fermenter for 5-7 days after FG is reached, or about 14 days total.

Yeah, it's been exactly 14 days since I pitched. I've maintained the temperature between 68-70 (I was told I should go a bit higher temp for this one) since. Bubbling in the airlock stopped about a week ago.

Latest posts

Back