How does Equilibrium make #eqjuice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robcapo

Reaction score
This may only be relevant to folks who have tried some IPAs from Equilibrium.

There's something special about the finish after every sip. They know they got it; me and my girlfriend definitely taste it; I assume y'all know what I'm talking about. The best I could describe it as is maybe "melony". I prefer their IPAs over Other Half, Trillium, Treehouse, etc., and it's all because of this finish.

I'd love to reproduce it.

I'm assuming the flavor mostly comes from the hops selection / quantities, but I'm wondering if they use something special (yeast, nutrients, grist, technique) to help extract whatever the oils are that taste like that. I taste it in a lot of their beers that claim to use the usual NEIPA hops (Citra, Galaxy, Amarillo, some NZ hps), so unless they're omitting something, I don't think there's some special hop varietal that's providing the flavor.

This may only be relevant to folks who have tried some IPAs from Equilibrium.

There's something special about the finish after every sip. They know they got it; me and my girlfriend definitely taste it; I assume y'all know what I'm talking about. The best I could describe it as is maybe "melony". I prefer their IPAs over Other Half, Trillium, Treehouse, etc., and it's all because of this finish.

I'd love to reproduce it.

I'm assuming the flavor mostly comes from the hops selection / quantities, but I'm wondering if they use something special (yeast, nutrients, grist, technique) to help extract whatever the oils are that taste like that. I taste it in a lot of their beers that claim to use the usual NEIPA hops (Citra, Galaxy, Amarillo, some NZ hps), so unless they're omitting something, I don't think there's some special hop varietal that's providing the flavor.
Have you found anymore information on this. I also was wondering what they may be doing. It seems like they call it a finish, which to me would imply they do something after the beer is complete.

Back