how do you use a beer gun...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dilligans

Reaction score
yea I bought a beer gun on austin homebrew... How do you use it? I got both accesories for it on austin homebrew so I know I have all the parts.. I just want to know how it works and if it works well? Of course I was drunk when I bought.. just wondering if I made a good investment? or should I have bought the counter :drunk::drunk:pressure filler?

A friend who no longer homebrews just gave me his a few days ago. I've been too busy to try it out but from what I can see you hook up the liquid on the end of the gun and gas to the bottom of the "handle" on the brass fitting. You'll also need gas to your keg so many people seem to use a splitter but I have a dual regulator so I plan to use both for it. From there just back to dispense beer or push button to dispense gas to purge bottles prior to filling.

There should be instructions included too but that's my understanding. Will likely try mine out tomorrow if you still have questions :)

strat_thru_marshall said:
the beer gun is killer. great tool. read the instructions. skip the co2 hookup if you want, I never hook the co2 up to mine.

Glad to hear that I was expecting it might get old to do it every time but hadn't seen anyone saying they don't. I'm pretty stoked to try mine out, should save time when I have to bottle a ton!

It’s easy to use, just split a gas line and hook one up to the keg that has been depressurized and the other to the beer gun then turn the gas back on. Depending on the beer I am pushing I set it anywhere between 4-8 psi. Also freezing the bottles before filling helps with foaming.

Latest posts

Back